1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Philanthropy Of The Martin Clan

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Barry C. Roach, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I have always been impressed by philanthropists who give of their time and money purely for the "good of the order". The Bill Hunter Family is one of those folks who gave and continue to give to the sport they love.

The Martin's took philanthropy to the next level, however. They have opened their pocketbooks to further the worlds of both American and International trapshooting. They have achieved that goal.

Recessions have a bottom yet they chose to contribute in some of the hardest times trapshooting has seen in a long time. Some say that their contributions have been for naught but I say that they have built a foundation for the future of the game. The improvements their money made in Tucson have encouraged more and more shooters to make the winter trip to the West to escape the winter and shoot and have made a premium shooting facility the most exceptional shooting venue in the west.

Their Grand contributions have also worked. It has nearly halted the decay in attendance and spiced up the Grand in Sparta. If they never give another dime their contributions have given the Grand at Sparta a great history and cache that will live in stories for years to come. It is part of the rich history of the Grand now and I thank the Martin family for loving the sport as much as I. Good on you, Martins.

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Amen!

Hauxfan!

3. Scootermac50

Scootermac50 Active Member

Well stated Barry! We get to see what the Martin clan does for the sport right here in good old Utah. They continuously raise the bar, and surprise even us locals with their generosity. If you have never had the opportunity to shoot at one of the Vernal Rod and Gun Club shoots, I must say you are missing out. Schedule some time for the June shoot, the Western Grand or any of the shoots they get involved with. You won't be disappointed.

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Well spoken Barry. They put Tuscon on the world map with their help in getting the bunker traps in making it the largets venue in the US. Their help to our game has been incredible. May they have many years of good health to enjoy the fruits of their labor.

5. RLC323

RLC323 Member

I have to admit that when the $100,000 challenge was first announced I was skeptical. Usually when someone parts with a sum of that size they want something in return. Even after the initial flap over requiring new shells was quelled and new shells for Handicap events only was brought in to play, I still did not know enough about these folks to trust that their contribution was for the good of the game.

Time has revealed that the Martins are really interested in promoting trapshooting. When I look at the three winners of the $100,000 I see three very deserving people who were rewarded for their fine shooting and their commitment to the game.

Devon, the loyal Federal Ammo man with a real sense of trapshooting history.
    Logan, the Alabama teen who beat the big dogs.
    Mike, the "everyman" of trapshooting, he shoots good weather or bad and truly
    loves the sport

The $100,000 challenge changed their lives forever, and maybe gave the game of trapshooting a jump start when it was needed most.

To the Martins....Thanks for all you have done and continue to do for our game.

6. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

Mr. Barry Roach, well put, right on the money and quite ellegant, fine job and a BIG PLUS 1 for the Martins. Scott

7. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Everybody that shoots anything owes the Martins a BIG THANK YOU. Yes I'm shouting my THANK YOU. Ross Puls

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I heard a rumor that anyone who loves the sport as much as the Martins are welcome to open their own check book and make a donation at a club near you or mail it to the ATA in Sparta, Illinois ... I would hope that all those who appreciate and participate in shooting for the Martins donations would like to make a donation and be recognized also ... You hear about those that are able all the time but seldom see them step forward like the Martins have in many more ways that one ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

HEAR! HEAR!

Well said Barry. All shooting sports owes the Martins and Hunters a debt of gratitude. So HEAR's mine.

Thank you Martins and Hunters for your undying dedication and sacrifice to the shooting sports!

milt

10. red hammer

red hammer Member

Never got to go. But what great people thank you for everything and may God bless you and camp his Angels around your family for all the days of there life's

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Just an idea to make up the difference, why not have the vendors all kick in and establish the payout money or they can put jars out on the counter for the shooters who attend to make a drop in ..? It probably won't be near as much as the Martin donation but every little bit will help ... It would create a little team spirit and keep this thing rolling and give the shooters that attend something to shoot for ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Thankyou Barry, Well spoken. And I agree.
    I have also always been inspired by people who give of them selves.
    But maybe the Hunters & the Martins are attempting to inspire and create food for thought. If we take there generosity and build on it .
    The Martin Lewis HOA has shown the way. If you analyze the Lewis breakdown.
    For discussion the HOA score of 879 , given to 7 shooters. Likely C or D class shooters. They must be a little excited. EH !!!

Joe Woods/Ontario

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

martin trapshooting family