1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Perfect Gun for Doubles

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gyrine, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

I took a chance on a new, untested gun. Beretta UGB25, break open two shot. Benelli auto patent made by Beretta. No recoil, one ounce 8's for first shot, 1 1/8, 7.5 shot for second. Lt. full choke. fast, fast, KILLER. Looks cool too.

2. GARMASTERS

GARMASTERS TS Member

What, no pics?

3. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

I guess that I must be in the Fog ( like always ) Where and When did Beretta Buy Benelli, this is news to me , if it's true, what about all of the other Benelli Holdings Like Stoger, Uberti, etc.
    Comments Please:::

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

UGB25

It might be the most techically advanced sporting gun interoduced in many years.

But why?

What does it do that any semi-auto (1100, 391, SX-1) won't do? It breaks open. Big deal. May be of benefit for someone shooting international trap, but for ATA trap? So what?

What does it do that any break-action gun won't do? Well, you probably get some benefit of recoil reduction. But if you want that, get a RAD or a PFS.

What does it NOT do that any break-action O/U gun WILL do? Give you the option of different chokes on your first and second shots on doubles.

I guess I just don't get it.

5. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

Timb99,
    It offers the safety of a break open gun but provides the recoil benefit of a semi-automatic. One of the big advantages of having double shot gun with one barrel is there is no variance in POI from the first and second shot.

I own a UGB and love it. One of the big benefits of this gun specifically is the lack of muzzle jump. This quality makes for a great doubles gun.

It's a unique gun and it's fun to have different choices. The UGB is a unique choice that I think has a legitimate place in the shooting world.

Plus, the more choices we have the more topics we can all disagree on!!!!! No if they would only come out with a new size shot.

6. crk

crk Member

Had the opportunity to shoot one a month back at a demo. It is a neat operating gun in that the second shell is held "outside" the main body and is drawn in from the side holster where it sits.

Too, it discharges the spent shell straight down rather than sideways.

Neither of which make it better (unless you are on the station to the right of a conventional discharging semi-auto), just kinda neat things. What are these selling for on the real market? Have not seen one in a store yet.

7. Beacon

Beacon TS Member

A family member of mine had a UGB. He traded it, plus a few dollars, for a 682 but now wishes he hadn't. It was a great gun. He had a problem with the break open lever and got very frustrated with Beretta during the repair process. I particularly liked the shells ejecting in front of me rather than to the side. It was a very nice, smooth shooting gun. It was too heavy for me or I would own one myself.

8. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I'll bet the UGB will be discontinued within three for lack of sales.

9. Gil

Gil Member

I shot Olympic trap in Europe for 15 years. The shooters strongly encourage break open guns, so all can see it is not loaded. They also don't like release triggers. When the market turns around, I will buy a UGB as a back up for my Ljutic Bi gun for doubles. Anyone who get the chance to visit the Val de Triompe shoud visit the Beretta museum. George Miller

10. ink ball

ink ball Member

No, Beretta did not start Benelli. Benelli started as an independent company in 1911 as a motorcycle manufacturer. In 1967, Benelli expanded into the fireamrs business. Beretta did not acquire Benelli until 2000.

11. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I shot one of these guns at the grand. I also noticed very little muzzle jump and recoil for a relatively light (to me @ least) 12ga, less than I had on my pigeon ported Rem 1100. I had a 24 on the practice trap w/ it with AA #9s, and whatever choke it had in it, it POUNDED targets, and the stock didn't fit me for crap either. If I had 3 grand I didn't know what to do with, i'd like to have one to play with. I liked it alot more than I thought I would have. Definitely marketed for the international arena, esp w/ the flat rib and no way to save hulls.

12. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

The gun is an absolute joy to shoot. I'm a lefty and it works great for me. I wish someone would come up with a shell catcher, I love it for singles too, it really does smash targets with a light one oz. load. I am going to convert it to release. My TM1 is spending a lot of time in the dark since I got this gun. gyrine

13. Buddy O

Buddy O TS Member

Is there a Sporting Clays or Skeet model?

14. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

What did you guys think about the trigger on this gun? The one I tried had a horrible, heavy trigger on it. The gun didn't have any recoil but I flinched every time I had to jerk that trigger back. Did I get a lemon to try or something?

15. gunner2

gunner2 TS Member

I have the UGB25 30", and it works well for all target shooting. I do need to shift the stock farther left. (LH shooter.) I have the comb almost all the way left now. I want to know what shims came with your UGB25 and/or what shim set will move the stock the most to the left.

Thanks,

Jon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.