1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The people will not be bought!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by midalake, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Karl Rove boasted on the eve of Tuesday's election that all signs pointed towards an electoral college landslide. He was right about the result, just wrong about the candidate. And now it's up to Rove to explain to donors why, after blowing through $300 million of their money, President Obama is still President Obama and Harry Reid still runs the Senate.

Judging by Rove's election night tantrum on Fox News, this was not a situation he was well prepared for. In a surreal stretch of television, he refused to believe the network's call of Ohio, lashed out at producers for making it, then spouted a blizzard of county by county statistics to justify his increasingly untenable case.

"Is this just math that you do as a Republican to make yourself feel better?" Fox host Megyn Kelly asked at one point, "Or is this real?" Given Rove's prior history on election predictions, it was a logical question.

As Rove's complaints dragged on, Kelly marched over personally to Fox's election experts who told her live that they had "99.95%" confidence in their projection, no matter what the network's on-air talent thought. The segment was passed around endlessly the next day and nearly caused Jon Stewart to die of laughter.

Two days later, Rove started the hard work of explaining why the Democrats were simply too much for any one billionaire-funded super PAC to handle.

So WHAT are the "job creators doing"

GS

2. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Nothing has changed. The Congress and the White House will continue their battle as before. And it only cost 2 Billion dollars to find out nothing is changed. The President will rant then sign executive orders as long as there is no cost involved, the Senate will increase the spending limit and flop around, while the house will control the purse strings, and just keep everything barely running.

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

"o" won by .9% of the popular vote. Tremendous landslide.

Why did you start this thread when you are one of the first to bitch about being "picked on".

Someone stuff you in a locker in high school?

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

" So WHAT are the "job creators doing" "

Looks like 12,000,000 voters sat it out. I guess they don't have to do anything.

Like Bob Brinker says, "Gridlock is good for the stockmarket.".

Bob Falfa

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

Some of them appear to be canning people.

7. wayno

wayno TS Member

when i think how much time you must waste every day running down the links to this tripe, my mind reels.

do you honestly think rational people buy into this madness?

how can you continue to exist in the midst of what you perceive as hell on earth? i have shown this to some of my conservative friends, and the consensus is that there is no organized political party in this country that would support these positions.

wayne harrison

8. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

I think what we need to do is implement obamacare in the blue states and see how it workes out before the rest of America gets it. The want it you know! Oh! and the red states should get back to the pre obama healthcare premiums until they want to sigh on.

9. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Great idea Pretzel !

10. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Pretzel, Family is on the prototype for Obamacare. It's terrible. Paperwork nightmare. Insurance not paying Dr. fees so got bills and bills and bills...patient responsibility. Lab bill $200.00 patient responsibility. Why bother with insurance? On some it's insurance 25% and patient 75% and others the coverage is barely adequate. It depends, on what I don't know, don't have a policy book and can never access it online.

11. wayno

wayno TS Member

this tripe about "obamacare" is just that. the bill has yet to actually become law. these tales of woe are either ignorance or lies.

still, the dozens of you who actually believe this shit, keep on; keep on.

12. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

You're starting to sound like one of them, thar "Metrosexuals", Wayne. Why don't you respond to OICU812's request. But before you do, better go close those bedroom blinds. One of 'dem Carolina rednecks might be peekin'.

You seem to be very unhappy here. Why don't you grab your meat and beat it?

13. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

This threads title is 'The people will not be bought' is only partly right. It is clear that over half of the people voting in this election have been bought.

14. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Pretzel you beat me to it. The people won't be bought? That is just comical.

15. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Tracfone Ceo's wife got a million and a half for Obama.

Ohio got a million government Tracfones.

Where I come from, that is "bought" for sure.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KHJbSvidohg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2gmvxMJTXug" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.