1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The other side of the coin. I LOVE IT!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Neil R, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil R

Neil R TS Member

On the other side of the coin:

11 year-old girl shoots two home intruders

5-2-07 -- Two illegal aliens, Ralphel Resindez, 23, and Enrico
    Garza, 26, probably believed they would easily overpower a home alone
    eleven year old Patricia Harrington after her father had left their
    two story home.

It seems the two crooks never learned two things: they were in
    Montana, and Patricia had been a clay shooting champion since she was
    nine. Patricia was in her upstairs bedroom when the two men broke
    through the front door of the house. She quickly ran to her fathers
    room and grabbed his 12 gauge Mossberg 500 shotgun.

Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be
    the first to catch a near point blank blast of buck shot from the
    girl's knee crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and
    genitals. When Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast
    to the left shoulder and staggered out into the street where he bled
    to death before medical help could arrive.

It was found out later that Resindez was armed with a stolen .45
    caliber handgun he took from another home invasion robbery. The
    victim, 50 year old David Burien, was not so lucky as he died from
    stab wounds to the chest.

Patricia staved off a robbery and potential rape because her
    parents taught her how to use a gun. Her parents just didn't hide a
    gun in the house and not educate her on the power that a firearm
    provides. Ignorance can be deadly, but fortunately for this Montana
    family, knowledge was power.

Don't ya just love it! Way to go girl, I will shoot with you any day of the week
    Neil R.

2. ANTRIM UDF

ANTRIM UDF TS Member

Posted previously. Still good. But yes, the parents left her home alone. Always more to the story. Glad she is safe, who knows the outcome w/o the self protection of the gun.

3. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

sounds like she was up to it alright

4. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

For all that Snoops says or doesn't say below is a story from 3/23/07 I found by doing an MSN search using "intruder shot". This was the first of 194,591 hits from that search. I didn't read them all but the fact is that there are a lot of TRUE stories to that are played down by the media because they don't fit an anti-gun agenda.

Slain intruder shot five times
    Man tells police he was attacked with sledgehammer
    BY JENNIFER BAKER AND JANICE MORSE | JBAKER@ENQUIRER.COM AND JMORSE@ENQUIRER.COM
    E-mail | Print | digg us! | del.icio.us!

HAMILTON -- Jamie Buck was asleep early Friday when a sledgehammer shattered his side door’s window and a stranger burst into his rented home, demanding money or jewelry.

That was the last demand Millard Brandenburg would ever make.

Brandenburg, 31, was shot to death inside Buck’s Bishop Avenue home early Friday, seven weeks after Brandenburg’s latest release from jail. A preliminary investigation suggests the shooting was justified, authorities say.

Buck, who told police he was hit in the head with the sledgehammer, was treated at Fort Hamilton Hospital. He told police in a 911 call that he shot the intruder.

Brandenburg suffered a fatal gunshot to the head, three shots in the chest and a fifth shot in the left side, Butler County Coroner Richard Burkhardt said.

Brandenburg tested positive for alcohol use; tests showing his blood-alcohol level and any other drugs were being processed, the coroner said.

The deadly encounter between Buck and Brandenburg follows a similar incident in Covington earlier this week, in which a man fatally shot an acquaintance. In the Hamilton case, Buck told police the intruder was a stranger.

So far, it appears both men were acting in self-defense and are unlikely to face charges, authorities said.

But that’s not always the case. Damon Lloyd, 39, goes on trial Monday in Warren County. He is charged with voluntary manslaughter for shooting David Brian Richardson, 46, in the side yard of his Turtlecreek Township home last fall.

Alan Gottlieb, president of KeepAndBearArms.com, said many home invasions end quietly when a gun-toting resident scares away the intruder.

“The only cases that get any news are the ones where the police are called up and there’s blood on the floor,” he said.

In the Hamilton case, Buck, 33, appears to have been defending himself, said Butler County Prosecutor Robin Piper.

But Piper said he is waiting for police to finish investigating before he decides what to do. If the investigation upholds Buck’s account of self-defense, Piper could file no charges – or he could let a grand jury decide.

Buck, who works as a roofer, called 911 and calmly told police: “This guy broke into my house…He tried to kill me with a sledgehammer, sir…He is lying dead in my kitchen.”

Lee North, a 34-year-old friend of Buck, came out of Buck’s home Friday morning and said, “That dude died right there on the kitchen floor. The whole kitchen’s blood.”

North said he saw a trail of blood from the kitchen to a bedroom.

Buck was wearing a white bandage around his head when he came home around 9:30 a.m. to get some belongings.

“Everything’s fine. I’m OK. Thank you,” he said, waving off news reporters as he climbed into a relative’s van.

A next-door neighbor, Chris Perkins, said he heard a loud bang followed by four gunshots.

Perkins’ wife, Lucinda, described Buck as “very fun, very friendly…I have no idea why they would pick on him.”

Brandenburg lived with his mother on 6th Street in Hamilton.

During the past decade, he had been cited into Hamilton Municipal Court on more than two dozen offenses including traffic citations, ethnic intimidation, assault, resisting arrest and forgery.

Brandenburg served two state prison terms; for a drug conviction and failing to pay child support. He was last released from prison in May, but was locked up in Resolutions, Butler County’s minimum security jail, from July 12 until Feb. 2 for failing to comply with police orders, officials said.

As of late Friday, officials weren’t saying if they knew what led Brandenburg to Buck’s doorstep.

Katie Wedell contributed.

5. Neil R

Neil R TS Member

Well, www.snopes.com does say it is a false listing. However, a friend of mine did say that the original source was the NRA. Anyway it is a good story even if not true. I should have checked snopes first. Sorry folks
    Neil

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Reminds me of an old saying:

" My sources are unreliable, but their conclusions are fascinating!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.