1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

the original HAMMER squad

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Rem870TB, May 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

Interesting gun handling back when the picture was taken, I am estimating about 100 years ago.

All guns in the posed photo were closed, the Marlin pump's exposed hammer is quite visibly cocked.

2. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

In figuring out the year.....

From the ATA web site;

"Debuting in 1900 at the Interstate Park in Queens, New York, the Grand American was originally a four-day tournament contested in June. For the next 20 plus years the Grand American was staged in cities such as Chicago, St. Louis and Columbus until it made its home in Vandalia, Ohio from 1923 until 2005."

Signs in the picture say "Winner of the 10th Grand....etc."

Assuming the sign was refering to the previous year, 1911?

3. butch's90t

butch's90t Member

Terry, do me a favor and send me the one that tells about the tie between Gramps and Powers. The printing is too small to read. Tks, Harry

4. rich A

rich A TS Member

Trench12, those pictures are more than great. Biged is right keep them coming. Trench which one is grandpa. Your lineage goes back a long way in trapshooting. It's in the genes for sure. Harry will have to dig deep in his past to come up with kinfolk to top this.

5. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

These are terrific! How lucky you are to have such shooting history in your family and preserved.

Have you sent any of this to the HOF (or do they already have this stuff)?

6. oneidcharlie

oneidcharlie Member

trench12, I think some one has made a mistake on the worlds record squad, the cars in the background look to be middle 30's. Fred Gilbert passed away in the 20's, so he could'nt have been on that squad. Oneidcharlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.