1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

THE ONLY MAN WE SHOULD VOTE FOR.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by clyde1, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clyde1

clyde1 TS Member

Here is what Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul has to say about our
    right to bear arms.

I share our Founders’ belief that in a free society each citizen must have the right to keep and bear arms. They ratified the Second Amendment knowing that
    this right is the guardian of every other right, and they all would be
    horrified by the proliferation of unconstitutional legislation that prevents
    law-abiding Americans from exercising this right.

I have always supported the Second Amendment and these are some of the bills I have introduced in the current Congress to help restore respect for it:

* H.R. 1096 includes provisions repealing the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act and the Federal Firearms License Reform Act of 1993, two invasive and unconstitutional bills.
    * H.R. 1897 would end the ban on carrying a firearm in the National Park System, restoring Americans’ ability to protect themselves in potentially hazardous situations.
    * H.R. 3305 would allow pilots and specially assigned law enforcement personnel to carry firearms in order to protect airline passengers, possibly preventing future 9/11-style attacks.
    * H.R. 1146 would end our membership in the United Nations, protecting us from their attempts to tax our guns or disarm us entirely.

In the past, I introduced legislation to repeal the so-called “assault weapons” ban before its 2004 sunset, and I will oppose any attempts to reinstate it.

I also recently opposed H.R. 2640, which would allow government-appointed psychiatrists to ban U.S. veterans experiencing even mild forms of Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome from ever owning a gun.

You have the right to protect your life, liberty, and property. As President, I will continue to guard the liberties stated in the Second Amendment.

Find out more about Dr. Ron Paul at <http://www.ronpaul2008.com/>

2. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

RP is also the Chief Apologist for the muslims. He's a kook.

3. clyde1

clyde1 TS Member

Chief apologist, please. Don't post an argument unless you are going to back it up with facts. Ron Paul has never condoned the actions of radical Islamic terrorists and that is a fact. He has stated himself that he supports special force operations to target Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda. It baffles me that you somehow turn that into "Chief Apologist for the Muslims". The main reason terrorists were able to hijack aircraft was due to legislation that prevents the airline companies to carry firearms on board and prevent passengers from resisting a hijack. Ron Paul was one of the few who opposed this legislation and tried to stop it to allow airlines to carry sidearms to defend themselves.

Listen to what he actually has to say and not the media. You might just learn something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.