1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Only Democrat Who........

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by birdogs, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Did anyone notice the behavior of the Congressman from Pennsylvania, Jason Altmire, with regards to the vote on the healthcare bill? Congressman Altmire went on the Sean Hannity show and had a very long, open and tough conversation with Hannity.

Hannity was unrelenting in his questioning of the Congressman and the Congressman was polite and thoughtful but gave as good as he got. He promised to examine the issues which Hannity raised prior to voting on this bill. Ultimately, he voted AGAINST the bill for numerous reasons. He showed courage in talking to Hannity on the air for quite a while and even more courage in making up his own mind in opposition to the arm twisting of his President, his leadership and his party. You have to respect this kind of person.

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

He is my Congressmanand I made a promise that if he votes against the Healthcare bill I would give him my support next election. He seems to use his head quite a bit ans lastens to his constituents. I like the guy even if he is a Democrat. Bulge.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Does he listen to your Second Amendment concerns?

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Brian, a little more on Jason. Bulge.

American gun owners typically are considered politically conservative. So it might surprise some that the Pennsylvania 4th congressional candidate endorsed by the largest gun lobby, the National Rifle Association (NRA), is the Democrat.

The NRA says that Congressman Jason Altmire supports “the Constitutional rights of law-abiding gun owners and sportsmen.” Altmire, a first-term congressman, is competing again against the Republican congresswoman he defeated in 2006, Melissa Hart.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    March 19, 2010

"I ran for Congress in large part because I believe we need to find a way to bring down the cost of health care. I also ran for Congress with a simple promise: I would do my best to represent my district and to give western Pennsylvania a voice in Washington, not the other way around.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On illegal immigrants:

Altmire Criticizes U.S. Department of Labor Proposal that Allows Illegal Immigrants to Set Wage Rate
    (Washington, DC) — U.S. Congressman Jason Altmire (PA-04) today announced that he has sent a letter to the U.S. Department of Labor’s (DOL) Assistant Secretary Leon Sequeira criticizing a proposal that could drag down American workers’ wages and create a disincentive for employers to hire Americans. The DOL proposal in question could lower Americans’ wages by allowing illegal immigrants, earning below-market wages, to set the market rate for nearly all wages in the agricultural industry. This letter was sent following Sequeira’s testimony before the House Education and Labor Committee on May 6, during which he failed to sufficiently answer questions Congressman Altmire asked about this new proposal.

“When Mr. Sequeira testified before the House Education and Labor Committee last week, I questioned him about the Department of Labor’s plan to include the wages paid to illegal immigrants when calculating the wage rates for nearly all of America’s agricultural workers,” Altmire said. “I find it outrageous that the Department of Labor is adopting a policy that could lower hard working Americans’ wages and create a disincentive for employers to hire Americans for agricultural jobs. This is yet another example of how this Administration fails to crack down on employers who break the law by hiring illegal immigrants and instead offers proposals that hurt American workers.”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.