1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ol Man

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by BigBruno, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBruno

BigBruno TS Member

My Dad didn't like that saying. No matter how it was said or whoever said it. Didn't matter. I had the pleasure of taking 3 of the great grandkids to see their Great Grampa recently. A great road trip through California, Nevada, Idaho and of course the best of all, Montana. This trip was a long time coming. I took advantage of old memories of old roads my Dad and I had traveled before, sometimes to and from trap clubs. I thought about a lot going through the mountains, under the big sky, but one thing kept going through my mind, we really need more than one lifetime here on earth. I think we all had a great trip, from start to finsh. Especially, me.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    They're lucky. My great grandfathers died years before I was born. And my dad passed away last October, so my future grandchildren will never know their great-grandfather either. Worse, my son barely remembers his maternal grandfather, and my daughter was born after he passed.

If the older folks are around, make sure to take the time so the younger ones can visit and get to know them.

3. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Wish there was alot more of your kind of story on this site Bruno. Good for you and the kids. Memories you'll never forget...God willin'.

milt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.