1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

????? The NRA???????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Pass103, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pass103

Pass103 TS Member

Where is the NRA, no ads in Pa. Have the TV stations been blackmailed into not running their ads ???? TheFew

2. Pass103

Pass103 TS Member

Mailing us is preaching to the choir.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Didn't the McCain-Feingold Incumbent Protection Act stifle the NRA from airing ads after a certain date?

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Obama Campaign Threatens Legal Action Over NRA Ads

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fairfax, VA-Sen. Barack Obama's presidential campaign has sent threatening letters to news agencies in Pennsylvania and Ohio to stop airing ads exposing his anti-gun record sponsored by the National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF).

The kicker? NRA-PVF's Ohio’s ads have not yet begun running.

“Barack Obama and his campaign are terrified of the truth,” declared Chris W. Cox, Chairman of NRA-PVF. “Sen. Obama's statements and support for restricting access to firearms, raising taxes on guns and ammunition and voting against the use of firearms for self-defense in the home are a matter of public record. NRA-PVF will make sure that everyone knows of Obama's abysmal record on guns and hunting.”

The Obama campaign sent cease and desist letters to news outlets in Pennsylvania and Ohio, denouncing the ads and demanding their removal from the airwaves. All stations where NRA-PVF has purchased or plans to purchase ads have been provided with documented evidence of Sen. Obama's anti-gun record.

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Liberals Love Free Speech, For Them.

6. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

I might be wrong, but I never caught any here in upstate NY...and I've been wondering why??? puablo

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I would not object if the major thrust of the NRA political ad budget went to the swing states.

Wisconsin could sure use them.

HM

8. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

apparently they are spending money in swing states and have started with Ohio and Florida. Stations are being threatened by the obama camp claiming the content of the ads is not true thus violating laws.

9. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

ps - I bet McCain is wishing his campaign reform act was reformed a bit.

10. M-16

M-16 TS Member

Don't be cheap REBEL join.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.