1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Next President of The United States of America

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by GW22, Jul 21, 2013.

1. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I just realized that our next President is going to be Ted Cruz from Texas!

He is the perfect Republican equivalent of Barry Obama:

1) Like Barry, he was not born in the U.S. (which is just plain cool).

2) Like Barry, he is incredibly underqualified (required, so that young, progressive-minded people will be willing to vote for him).

3) Like Barry, he's got a sob story about his immigrant parents' struggles (that never goes out of style, plus it attracts low-information minority voters).

4) Like Barry, despite his tragic, apparently insurmoutable poverty, he still wound up getting an Ivy League education at Harvard and Princeton (hypocrisy and irony just make him more fascinating).

5) Like Barry, he began running for President five minutes after he got to Congress (chutzpah tops experience any day of the week).

6) Like Barry, he is an amazing speaker (could there be anything more important?).

So after 8 years, we are finally going to have a Republican President again! The only missing elements we need to nail down by 2016 are:

A) A history of college drug abuse; and

B) A nasty, America-hating wife who looks like she might enslave Charleton Heston.

Yay, R!!!

-Gary

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Ted Cruz is sooooo much more qualified that zero, at least he has held a job

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Good point. He's probably not going to be able to get past that.

-Gary

4. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

GOP 2016

THE DREAM TICKET

RUBIO-PRESIDENT

ROMNEY-VICE PRES.

5. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

Rubio might as well run for president. He spends all his time on Fox News. When I got the letter from DOD telling me I was loosing my TriCare Prime military retiree insurance, I emailed Rubio(R), Senator Bill'Nelson(D) and Congressman DeSanots(R). The only one who responded was Nelson. Rubio and DeSantos were too busy trying to get on t.v. And not doing what they were elected to do, take care of the people of Florida. Will not vote for either one of them...

Van

6. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

I'm still waiting for Eric Holder and Tony Weiner to jump in and announce their candidacy. They could run on the Weiner/Holder ticket!

7. darr

darr Well-Known Member

I like Cruz. But, Rand Paul is by far the more intellectual. Every time the right needs a shot in the arm Paul gives it to them. Paul is the Libertarian. The freedom that libertarianism offers is the only chance to beat liberalism.

Paul's stance for less expeditions on the part of the armed forces and the legalization of drugs are winners in the political arena. These stances are in complete ideological sync with the constitution. This country needs more free will and less governmental intervention. I know these concepts are hard to swallow to old died in the wool conservatives, but if those conservatives look at libertarianism at it's most ideological core they would realize that it is what the country and it's citizens need. More personal responsibility and less governmental heavy handedness.

The Libertarian point of view is the only way for the right to win another national election. And even then there will have to be, and there will be, a complete break down of the federal government.

Darr

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I can tell you this right up front... I will NOT vote for a gun banner. Period.

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Rand Paul would be great. But, the winner will be--------wait-------Hillary!

10. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Allen West/Trey Gowdy or visa versa, Trey Gowdy/Allen West with appointments for Gingrich, Palin, Santorium, Cain and a few others. Clean the house time.

Bam!

11. tomc66

tomc66 Member

Unfortunatly, in all probability, the next President will again be a Democrat.

12. Remdog1187

Remdog1187 Well-Known Member

The next POTUS will be installed, again. Though I would like to see Paul/Cruz if the voting would be legit.

Rubio & Ryan have lost all of my respect. Waffles & fried chicken.

13. drgondog

drgondog Member

@SF SGM - Nelson responded because he is in the Senate, he is one of the principal Obamacare supporters, Obamacare is destroying Medicare and Tricare.

In other words Nelson has had his way with you and every retired military/VA health care recipient and is hoping to keep his sorry ass job.

Rubio can't do anything because Reid has the Senate clamped down on Obamacare reforms. Look up and smell something other than Reid/Nelson/Obama rear end.

Obama set up and forced Sequestration - how is THAT working for armed forces? We are on the way to banana republic military capability while China and Russia are once again forging ahead.

How is That working for you?

Bill the Curmudgeon from Scurry.

14. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

Bill,

I am fully aware that Nelson cast the deciding vote for Obamacare!!!! Those that know me, know that I am no fan of the POTUS or any politician. Perhaps you should pull your head out of where it is and try thinking on your own. Bush 2, was the one who started the downfall of TriCare, just check your letter if you are one loosing TriCare, which I really doubt you are ...

Van

15. i_shoot

i_shoot Member

As bad as I hate to say it, I predict Hillary Clinton will be the next president. The progressives & welfare voters are the majority now.

i_shoot

16. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Instead of the Republicans seeking the answer as to why they lost the last election, perhaps the answer lies in finding out how the Democrats won.

17. GW22

GW22 Active Member

By giving away free stuff, sanctioning sloth and turning a blind eye to crime?

-Gary

18. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Just keep blaming the Democrats for winning. Everyone knows that nothing is, or was Bush's fault. Don't get of the path. Where is the defiance, and degradation we are used to?

19. GW22

GW22 Active Member

We don't blame the Democrats. We blame the fools who voted for them (and the accelerated fiscal, technological and moral destruction of America).

-Gary

PS: Modern day "Republicans" aren't much better.

20. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

slick Willy will be back in the master bedroom. [and other places] God help us all!! Bill