1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The next Great Depression is here...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kriegazzi, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kriegazzi

kriegazzi TS Member

Yeah right! With the volatility in the market lately I guess you could say this every 3 weeks and then watch the market go to new highs. The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Not yet but it might if the Dems get hold your wallet!

3. grammie

grammie TS Member

Isn't it amazing the number of people that gauge the health of the economy on the stock market????

What makes the stock market tick is money and optimism,,,,and that is it!!!!

We are in a war that is of this moment is more costly than WW2 and Vietnam combined!!!

While the market is patting itself on the back,,,,Americans are losing their homes by the thousands,,and their jobs by the millions!!!!

Isn't alwo amazing that George Bush and the Republican Partys last year and half in office is marked by a market at all time highs,,,Oil at all time highs,,foreclosures at all time highs,,but yet for 6 1/2 years of a Republican grasp on the highest office,,,,the stock market traded "sideways",,,,,the unmistakable mark of an imbecile president!!!!!

Also on the agenda is another war,,,but the market is looking on this as a good thing!!!!

When the American People look at war as a way to fatten their pocketbook while Americans are bleeding,,,,then much more is wrong than an over-inflated market!!!! A lesson is in the offing,,,just as it is in the housing sector!!!!

And when the Dems get elected,,,,watch what happens to taxes,,immigration,,Iraq,,Iran,,and the market!!!! The bills are coming due,,and Georgie has overextended himself,,the maerican people,,and the market!!!!

AKA Grammie...........

4. grammie

grammie TS Member

Chyrsler just cut 12,000 jobs!!!!! I would say,,,the sky fell for them,,,,and landed right on top of'um!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad so many miss the pieces that land right next to them!!! I guess its all that optimism that makes them blind as bats!!!!!

But then again,,,,for you vultures out there,,this means with 12,000 less to pay,,their bottom line should pick-up,,and then they will turn a profit!!! You may pick up a buck or two on the share price!!!!! While your're at it,,,,you might call some of those Chrysler "ex-employees" by phone,,,and make a ridiculously low offer for their house,,if they haven't lost it already!!!!

AKA Grammie.........

5. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that www.prudentbear.com has bad news every day.

I don't much care for folks who are wildly doom and gloom (grammie, that's you -WATCH OUT!!! damn, that big chunk of sky just about hit you) or wildly bullish all the time (Abby Cohen, et al).

It ain't all bad, and it ain't all good.

And hey, if you don't owe anyone any money, you can't go broke.

6. FranzSodia

FranzSodia TS Member

I'm with you on this Grammie. Bush and Cheney have done more to hurt this country and the Republican party than anyone could dream. Anyone that says this economy is good must be ultra wealthy, because only the ultrawealthy are trhiving under this administration. John E.

7. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

The sky is falling....we are all doomed......Oh Wait!

Those of us who stayed away from credit card debt, lived within our means, saved and invested some of our income, lived a responsible existence.... We are doing OK.

Maybe it's just a Democrat vs Republican outlook on life sort of deal??

Get out the tin foil hats.

FN in MT

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

You should be okay, unless you bought too many of those $700 shares of Google (last time it was the $384 shares of Amazon).

9. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

**Bush and Cheney have done more to hurt this country and the Republican party than anyone could dream.**

True, true. God bless them. LOL!

10. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

The sky is falling....we are all doomed......Oh Wait!

Those of us who stayed away from credit card debt, lived within our means, saved and invested some of our income, lived a responsible existence.... We are doing OK.

Maybe it's just a Democrat vs Republican outlook on life sort of deal??

Get out the tin foil hats.

FN in MT

I would add my own post but it was already on the thread as FN in MT. Why is it that people who had the same public education that I have can not live within there means anfd buy homes based on variable interest rates? If you are that stupid you deserve what you get. Harsh? I don't think so. It's a life lesson that was taught to us in school and some people didn't listen. If you lack discipline, can't save money,can't live within your means, and need to keep up with the Jones you will be paying the Piper sooner or later. I don't understand how people do it? 2 or 3 brand new cars and a big ass mortgage payment as well as school loans and they work side by side with me and I have a 20 year jump on them??? It's never a shock to me when they go down and yet everybody always seems shocked? Lowest intrest rates ever is what has stimulated this economy and allowed stupid people to get in over their heads. Well, Guess what? The Roosters have come home to roost and it's not George Bushs fault that you bought a house that you couldn't afford and that every grain of conventional wisdom was thrown right out the door and ignored by consumers, banks and everybody else who had a hand in the cookie jar.Jeff

11. grammie

grammie TS Member

Most americans live for themselves and nothing more,,,,After all-----"take care of number 1 first" is a lesson learned early!!!

But look beyond your own exsistance for a moment,,,(if possible),,,and look what awaits......

I once said,,,,,"things cannot continue to rise,,,,wages cannot continue to rise,,,,we have reached a "plateau" of our own success,,and what needs to happen is for wages to take a severe hit"!!!!

We have become the 1st generation of Americans to leave "less" behind for those that follow since July 4th 1776!!!!!

What have we left????? We have left american manufacturing in shambles!!!! We have started to "import" more than we export!!!! And soon,,,most of our food will be imported as well!!!! We have changed gears in our economy,,our base,,we have "exported" our own manufacturing base of high-wage jobs,,in exchange for low-paying "service jobs",,,,We had to "import" our own "work force" for Gods sake!!!! We can no longer make our own shoes,,our own toys,,or own headgear for our military!!! We have become what other nations have always beleived we were!!!

We give China "favored nation" trading status,,,import their poison junk,,,,But yet NOT ONE GAWDDAM WORD or "warning labels" about childrens candy,,lead-tainted being sold in Wal-Mart and K-Mart imported from Mexico!!!! Americans make a big deal about kids toys being lead tainted,,,,But don't raise an eyebrow or hesitate to throw "food stuffs" tainted with lead at "toxic levels" down the neck of their kids!!!!!!!

We switch from being a "defensive nation" to a "1st strike nation",,,and whats the first thing we do????? Attack the wrong &^%$(*& country,,,,the wrong people,,,,while your leader is "hand-holding" close to the very people whos royal family funnled money into the hands of Osama bin Laden so he could kill 3,000 americans!!!!!!! But at the same time your leaders father was the financial and market genius that advised the Bin Laden Family as too what "defensive stocks" to buy for the upcoming "war"!!!!!!!!!!! The Bin Ladens bid you all a toast,,,A toast in the blood of americans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just how many of you can "look ahead" and just admit to yourselves what we have become???????????????? And you think that your nation is favored by a "god"????? That,,,,is truly laughable.............

AKA Grammie............

12. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Grammie, Who's fault is it? I hope you don't think thr mess we are in is George Bushs fault?Jeff

13. grammie

grammie TS Member

Jeff:

No of course not!!! Not all of it,,,we have only ourselves to blame for allowing it to happen...

But,,it had been coming for years,,,but as long as americans are fat and sassy,,no one is about to rock the boat...

I seen it as this-------"there is no way America can make all nations wealthy,,but we can damn sure make America as poor as they are",,,just to "level the playing field" for the NWO you understand???

AKA Grammie..........

14. grammie

grammie TS Member

Gordon:

1st,,,you must understand,,,,,when someone goes on unemployment,,they are only kept on the rolls for 6 weeks,,,,and then the "new un-employed" are counted!!!! Its like this,,,,in order to look like troop levels were dropping in Vietnam,,,they would sometimes transfer members of the 82nd Airborne out of the 82nd,,and into the 173rd airborne brigade,,,at first glance,,it looks like the 82nd was pulled out,,,,But no,,they were just transferred and stayed "in-country" in another unit!!!!

If "all" our unemployed were counted en masse,,,the figures would almost match Chinas explosive growth rate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After that 6 weeks,,,they no longer are even a number!!!!! Now add-up more than 12 million jobs lost to "off-shoring" and a steady un-employment rate of 4%,,,but do it for 8 years,,,and the picture that is then presented is not so rosy to look at!!!!!!!

AKA Grammie...........

15. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

If the demos were in office it would be good news all day long!!!!!!!

16. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Uncle Grammie, when the $#itt hits the fan can I come to your underground bunker? I'll bring hot chicks, food & ammo.

Shan

17. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Does not matter how well you think you are "vested", when it comes to "Depression" all but the very wealthy are deeply affected.

18. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Grammie you wrote - Most americans live for themselves and nothing more,,,,After all-----"take care of number 1 first" is a lesson learned early!!!

Dam I wish that was true! I don't see a large number of Americans taking care of themselves. I see a large number wanting taxpayers to take care of em. Gimmie health care, gimmie free government education, pay for my kids food, health insurance, daycare, etc.....

I wish more people would look out for number 1, instead of them looking at the rest of us numbers to provide for them.

19. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

credit stinks in the u.s. but the banks keep buying them. i just had three people who were bankrupt three times and the bank financed them on a car at 21%. only in america can you prove you can't afford it and they put you in more debt.

20. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Excuse me but if Bush lowered the personal tax rate and the Govt. just collected more taxes than ever. Then who the hell is working besides me to pay all those taxes. Somebody has to be working. We all know that rich people only exploit workers and if nobody is working(according to the local experts)who can they exploit?? Something doesn't add up, the rich can't make money(to pay taxes) if they are not using and abusing workers but there are no workers so the rich can't be making money. Who the hell is paying the taxes?? Must be the democrats because according to them they are the only ones with the answers and knowing how to live off of the rest of the population.

Definition: Democrat- A form of leech who sucks the blood out of others and redistributes it to other leeches.

Don

PS: If we are in a depression who are all the people in the malls and stores spending money and buying $3 gas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.