1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

the next George Strait

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by cubancigar2000, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Active Member

Scotty McCreery won American Idol. He has the talent & personality to be the next George Strait
  2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I agree. He sang some songs better than the originals to me. I picked him to win many weeks ago but thought several others would have still been in the hunt. Thought James would be second and Lauren third. Nice little Georgia girl came in second. It'll take a lot more like her to make folks forget about Jimmy Carter. I'm still Georgia proud though. LOL Jackie B.
  3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Y'all need a hobby! That show is such a joke.

ss
  4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Scotty sounds the same everytime he open his mouth, he is one of many out there that want to be a Hillbilly country sanger ... Pia was the absolute best this time around and she got bumped because she didn't play the game and suck up to the Judges ... WPT ... (YAC) ...
  5. wolfram

wolfram Active Member

I thought Scotty was the most talented of the bunch also. Excellent voice and I am not a fan of CW music. He also came across as being very confident in himself and yet not arrogant. I'll bet he does go on to have a successful career in the music business.

My second place choice would have been Haley. Her rendition of Lepplin's 'What is and What Should Never Be' was incredible - even with the stumble.

Yea, I know it is a silly show but it it is also something I can watch with my kid and talk about during the week. Gotta take all of those opportunities that I can.
  6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Haley is a hotty. She was my pick and what was said above is true. Its something my wife and kids and i sometimes can all watch together and have fun with it. It is chessy and at one point i swore you'd never catch me watching it. The dang show sucked me in. The teenie boppers(girls) picked the winner.
  7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Active Member

I like to see people like scotty who are genuine and humble. He will be the next george strait in that way
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.