1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The new terrorist threat

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jim brown, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

They are talking about raccoon poop here. Gives dirty bomb a whole new meaning doesn't it.

The following is from the CDC:

"Possible Agent of Bioterrorism
    In an era of increasing concern about bioterrorism (33), certain characteristics of B. procyonis make it a feasible bioterrorist agent. The organism is ubiquitous in raccoon populations and therefore easy to acquire. Enormous numbers of eggs can be readily obtained, and these eggs can survive in an infectious form for prolonged periods of time. As with other ascarids, the eggs can remain viable in a dilute (0.5%-2%) formalin solution for an indefinite period of time, and animal studies suggest that B. procyonis has a relatively small infectious dose. Moreover, the organism causes a severe, frequently fatal infection in humans, and no effective therapy or vaccine exists. Introduction of sufficient quantities of B. procyonis eggs into a water system or selected food products could potentially result in outbreaks of the infection. A similar agent, Ascaris suum, a roundworm of pigs, was used to intentionally infect four university students who required hospitalization after eating a meal that had been deliberately contaminated with a massive dose of eggs (34). Contamination of community water sources would be difficult since the eggs of B. procyonis are relatively large (80 µm long by 65 µm wide) and would be readily removed by standard filtration methods or the flocculation and sedimentation techniques used by municipal water systems in the United States. However, posttreatment contamination or targeting of smaller systems could be possible."

2. jim brown

Excuse me!!!!

jim brown

3. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

dog shit is dangerous also. step in it and see. lol

4. jim brown

Jerry,

I am trying to get out of Nebraska but the world is working against me this year. I have to get some work done on the MH Thursday AM they try to get out on Fiday.

I will check my lights befoe I go into AZ.

jim brown

5. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Jim.....That was very good[GOT TO HUMOR HIM], but I think you should find a hobby that keeps you from thinking to much!

6. jim brown

Hip,

I got a hobby like that, I shoot trap.

jim brown

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.