1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The new stimulus plan

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by 635 G, Oct 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Why not bring back the draft. A lot of unemployed could learn a skill & our defense budget could be cut cut by not having to pay higher salaries to E-1,2 & 3's. Furthermore the military would become staffed by more & more single people, also reducing costa attributed to family & housing.

But the most important aspect our military will become mor & more representative of the American public.

Phil Berkowitz

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Phil

The Left hates the military, because it teached young people to be self sufficent as well as work together as a orgainized unit working for a common goal.

It destroys the principal of the Left which is to keep the masses confused and dependent, so the ruling class can tell the confused how to live their lives and give up their wealth to the rulling class.

3. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Rick:

As much as I hate to say this, you've been either smoking that Colorado medicinal weed or the high altitude has killed some of your brain cells. Where did you obtain, (or should I say created?), that ideaology is beyond me.

blade819

4. Rick Barker

blade819

My observations are based on what the left tells the rest of the country, based on things we see on CNN, national newspapers and magazines and other forms of media, of those who put themselves in the public eye.

Actions are also an enlightening form of communication in this regard. Example, seeing the Democrats trying to toss out the absentee ballots of the military when they challenged Bush's first term election.

First are always Democrats in suggesting cuts in the budget being in defense. Remember it not all tanks, planes and guns. When the military has to make budget cuts, they do so in the form of personnel. Delaying increases in salary and benifits is another thing I have seen happen.

After the Clintons got through with the military, a lot of military personnel were living in a state of poverty, having to have food stamps to help get by.

The recent blow up over the budget you may recall was that if the 12 special panel could not agree to cuts in the budget, there would be an automatic cut of 50% in defense spending. Do you really thing a Republican came up with that idea?

And what out Beloved Fearless Leader saying paychecks to the military and SS would not go out if the budget deal did not get done? Remember that?

I am not the only person who walks away from this conclusion after observing statements of the Left.

5. blade819

Rick:

The above scenario is called "leverage". Every good negotiator uses that tactic. Secondly, both parties have accepted the fact that our Defense budget needs to be trimmed. I think I know something about waste, fraud and abuse having worked in Defense Industry Procurement for 27 years. This cut is a reality and I'm being affected as much as anyone since the company I retired from is destined to take a hit on the F22 and JSF Programs. (so long 401k). Thirdly, I suggest that you check the Ryan budget proposal for VA cuts. I believe my VFW newsletter said 15 or 20 billion! (need to double check but it was huge). So my mile high friend, it's not just the Democrats or as you say Liberals. It's all of Congress. While I'm a "striding the line Progressive" who votes for either party if necissity warrants, I am as patriotic as anyone having also been the receipiant wounds and now owner of an agent orange presumtive condition. There isn't any one thing on earth that is more important to me than our fighting soldier. That's why I'm still in the Defense Industry.

blade819

6. Rick Barker

You asked me from where did I get my opinions and I am telling you why I have them.

I am really glad you appreciate the military and the work you have put into it.

As to Ryans plan. It got dumped, so I don't think it is worth discussing.

I would be against it as I am any other program to cut defense, if there is no hard thinking and planning as to the cuts.

I think the cuts should be left up to the generals not not some politican who does not know the first thing about the military.

Maybe your not as Liberal as you think. We would like to draw you out from the dark side and into the light.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Blade, I was subject to the draft, and lived in that era. And I agree with Rick. A lot of guys that were a little shaky came back after 4 years with a whole new perspective.

Most of the pukes today never had to look at the rest of the world and are loaded down with falsehood.

HM

8. blade819

Rick..... here we go again. I agree with you! I consider myself as a Progressive on social issues and Conservative on fiscal issues. However, I will not be fully drawn out of the dark side by the GOP as it stands today. Matter of fact, I'm considering avoiding all politics and issues period! The hatred, ignorance and name calling is something I cannot subscribe to. Sorry, maybe that makes me a wimp.

blade819

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

"hatred, ignorance and name calling ", yes, deplorable. Most of it comes from the left.

Check out the "progressives" occupying Wall St. and Boston. defecating on police cars, etc, etc.

And they (progressives) have the nerve to equate this with the Tea Party.

HM

10. Rick Barker

I would not call you a wimp.

11. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

Blade 'ol buddy,does that mean no 'mo posts from you. Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.