1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The new SKB GC7

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kolared person, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kolared person

kolared person TS Member

Are any of you using the SKB GC7? I would like some input before buying. Dawson and Jaquas are selling them.

2. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Mike here. I've sold several of them in O/U and top single. Everyone seems to be happy with them. No complaints.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

3. Drusso

Drusso Member

I bought one about 3 weeks ago. This is my first real trap gun, what I was shooting before was a Ruger REd Label for both singles and doubles. This gun has very little recoil, opens smoothly and looks good (Grade 3 wood.) I think you will be happy....NO it is not a K or P gun, but it shoots just as well in my opinion. In fact some of the shooters at my club who own the more expensive guns like mine alot.......

Damian

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

How old can this subject be? The GC7 is a pretty new gun.

It is upgraded from the older guns. Springs last longer, and if this one is better than the ones it replaced, it is a heckuva gun!

5. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

there seems to be too many people in trap shooting with unlimited funds that look down on people that try to get started with whats affordable i too wanted a higher end gun but whats the point i can buy a kolar for 10k plus i see its extra for custom fitted i thought that was part of it for high price i can buy a browning or skb combo and get a pfs or go to wenigs for half the price for plain wood trap will continue to decline without new shooters if people would understand people starting cant afford much and dont make them feel like they dont belong ive heard good things about skbs from people that shoot em incl 1 thats a great shooter and shot many of thousands through them i dont see too many people say alot of good on here

6. berettagold53954

sorry had to vent and just about every skb thread has people talking crap wanted to get my 2 cents in first

7. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

We have sold 5 GC7 since Feb. Just ordered a gun with left hand stock yesterday. There is no up charge for a LH stock. Try that with other gun makers.

BTW. Anyone that has bought a new GC7 since Feb 1st, SKB is offering a instant rebate. $75 to $200 depending on the model.

Scott

8. spritc

spritc Active Member

BerettaGold, gets credit for the longest run-on sentence this year!

9. berettagold53954

ya i was tired and really dont like typeing get it done quick

10. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

"there seems to be too many people in trap shooting with unlimited funds that look down on people that try to get started with whats affordable i too wanted a higher end gun but whats the point i can buy a kolar for 10k plus i see its extra for custom fitted i thought that was part of it for high price i can buy a browning or skb combo and get a pfs or go to wenigs for half the price for plain wood trap will continue to decline without new shooters if people would understand people starting cant afford much and dont make them feel like they dont belong ive heard good things about skbs from people that shoot em incl 1 thats a great shooter and shot many of thousands through them i dont see too many people say alot of good on here"

OK, you win the prize for the longest sentence on this board. LOL

Punctuation is your friend. A period at the end of a sentence and a capital letter to start the next sentence makes it much easier for the reader (like me) to understand what you are trying to say.

Not trying to criticize. Just trying to offer some helpful advice.

Easystreet

11. Nutnbutsmoke

Nutnbutsmoke Member

hello all, I bought one of these for my son, I was amazed at the wood and finish that came on this gun, adjustable comb with the cross bolt lock receiver I don't see him wearing that out any time soon and it came with 3 extended Briley tubes. For the money I don't think you can beat the GC-7 with anything else under the $1400.00 price range!

12. GI

GI Member

nutnbutsmoke
    If you don't mind me asking, can you share what you paid for the GC7 and where you got it from. My PM is gir001@cs.com if you would rather answer that way.
    Thanks, GI

13. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Sold another one today. Grade II Clays 20ga 30"bbl

14. spritc

spritc Active Member

It seems the grade I top single model is around $1,400.

the grade II unsingle is around $2,550 and

the grade II unsingle combo is around $3,450

I assume you would apply their rebates to these figures

Information supplied came from a local (Indiana) dealer

Steve

15. berettagold53954

i swore silver dollar had a post on here about 1299 out the door and someone said monsoors 1370 i saw it on here a while ago

16. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

"Agree with everything said above but don't forget about one thing. "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" As long as we all keep that in mind all is good."

I have shot quite a lot of clay sports, and never, not once, NADA have I had to wait for someone to fix his SKB, Browning, Ruger, or Remington because his triggers didn't work, or had to change to his back-up gun for whatever reason. Now, on the other hand, I have witnessed sooooo many instances of Perazzi, and Beretta auto shooters having "issues" with their HIGH $$$ guns. And what about service? Unlike SKB, who offers repair and return shipping FREE, what do the HIGH$$$$ gun makers do for you? (Or is it do TO you?)

I guess "you get what you pay for".

AndyH ;-)

17. Too Tall

Too Tall TS Member

Andy, must be mistaken buddy. A Beretta Auto is not a high dollar shooter. And sooo many issues with them? Use anything long enough something is going to wear out or break. Knock on wood - I've shot about 30,000 rounds through mine and have only broken 1 firing pin spring and replaced 1 bolt handle.

Robert H.

18. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Have you checked the prices on Teknys Golds lately? THAT is the HIGH$$$ Beretta auto I've seen people have issues with. Costs more than many good O/U shotguns! And I'm not talking about "using anything long enough"; I'm talking less than a year old! Beretta makes a lot of guns, but they also have many returns for quality issues! I feel the same about Berettas as I do Perazzis; if I won one, I'd off it the next day!

AndyH ;-[

19. Too Tall

Too Tall TS Member

No, Andy 44 I haven't checked the prices of the the new Tekney's Golds. They've increased in prices that much? Damn, I paid $1550 for mine in 07. They've gone up in price and down in quality. Well... I stand corrected.

Robert H.

20. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Just remeber....there are many shooters who insist on high dollar guns, accessories, and clothes....because they can't shoot worth a crap....but can look good at the club!

If you take offense at the above...you just might be one of them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

skb gc7 reviews