1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

THE NEW PRO SOFT

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nitro 100, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nitro 100

nitro 100 Member

I had the chance to shoot the new Pro Soft stock that is being sold thru SGS. I shot it on a Ljutic with a one touch adj rib. I could not beleive how little recoil you get thru this stock. This stock makes it like shooting a 22 rifle. I was so amazed I had to get a couple of shoot-off shells and shot thru it(shootoffs are an 1oz and a half with buffer added). I have shot other trap guns that kicked harder with a reg shell than the Pro Soft did with my shootoff shell. If you get an opportunity to try this stock, be sure you shoot it. My only thought is how can I afford to buy one and my wife not know it.

Jerry Nickell

2. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

3. jhoward

jhoward Member

No, those are only for the second shot in doubles shoot offs and caps. Only need 1 3/8 for 16 yard shoot offs and first shot of doubles.

4. Shotgun Specialties

Shotgun Specialties Active Member

Thanks for the kind words. Over 20 guys shot the New ProSoft stock Saturday and put everything in the world from 7/8oz loads to high brass "Green Lizzards" through it with next to ZERO Felt Recoil. We can duplicate your stock dimensions your now shooting, modify that or start all over with a customer fitting by Phil Simms or Myself. Pricing starts at 2950., with wood as shown about 4000. for a Custom Exhibiton wood set with the ProSoft. As anyone knows who had a custom set made, you've paid almost that much or more and without a ProSoft...Please feel free to contact me via e-mail or 1-800-344-7468. Thanks, Doug @ Shotgun Specialties (SGS) Nationwide ProSoft Dealer

5. KRK32

KRK32 Member

At most the clubs we shoot at mostly all that is shot is 10 bird handicap shoots with as many people as can fit on the line and 10 bird buddy shoots the same way. After youve shot your 10 on the pad all the highest score shooters walk back 45 to 60 yards depending on which club we are at and break the ties. I have a 366 setup for 1 1/2 6 with the red AA wad and 28.0 grains of 800X in federal paper just for shootoffs. Kirk

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Pro-Soft RS, the best of both worlds. A fitted to you stock with the best recoil taming system I've ever shot!! Another plus, this stock won't torque into or away from your face as some do on recoil!!

Hap

7. yenko

yenko TS Member

isnt this a copy of the stock lock system?

8. Shotgun Specialties

By No means. The patent attorneys and patent office has cleared it on both patents, appearence and mechanical. Everything on the ProSoft stock is located in the rear, which allows us to form a grip to fit you. It is hydralic over magnetic. Phil will post pic's when he is ready to devolge his secret to the general public and internet. We will provide that information personally by emailing me or Phil @ walnutmaker@aol.com Great lengths have been taken, over a year, to stay away from the concerns of the competition. There are no problems or failure issues possible with this design. Also, the grips are interchangeable as with the PFS stocks. If you change guns, we make you another matching grip and simply attach the back end to the new grip, that way you're not out your investment. Respectfully, Doug

9. Rods Custom Stocks

Rods Custom Stocks Member

Well said Doug!

........Rod

10. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Very very nice! I shot the prototype, ordered a new one and can't wiat till I get it!
    Rooferbob

11. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Doug, sent you an email. Jake Jacobs

12. Shotgun Specialties

emails sent, thanks alot guys for your support!

13. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Sure like my ProSoft stock. Won Senior Vet. High over All (HOA) at the Autumn Grand with it on my Kreighoff T/S trap special. I have a collapsed disk in my back and like to shoot 3 dram 1 1/8th loads for handicap and finished Sunday after sixteen events with zero discomfort in my back.

Hopefully would have had a even higher score had I not pulled a stupid boner on the main doubles. I had my barrel selector set to shoot the top barrel first by mistake, I was shooting a 1 oz 8's Estate in the bottom barrel and a STS light 7 1/2 in the top barrel. I was wondering why I wasn't breaking the second target hard as I usually do. I still shot a 44 missing six second shots out of 25, with the 1 oz shells and 17 thousands choke. I discovered my error when I was standing on peg one getting ready to start the second 50 -- shot a 49 after error resolved. Dumb d dumb. It won't ever happen again.

Tom Strunk

14. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

"1 1/2 6 with the red AA wad and 28.0 grains of 800X"

Is 28 a typo?

15. Jerseyshooter

Jerseyshooter TS Member

It looks very interesting....and I don't mean to be a downer, but starting price is a hair under $3,000? Am I reading that correctly? As good as it may be, it is unfortunate that this technology will be unobtainable for most of us.

16. Shotgun Specialties

Jersey, we feel your pain. We realize that this is not for everyone, but we have'nt forgot about you. We are currently working on a unit simular to the other "bolt on the end of your stock" unit that you will realize close to the same effect as the current ProSoft unit, but good things take time. All efforts right now are being taken to fullfill all of the orders we have for the ProSoft and future production. Doug
    Tom, congradulations !

17. KRK32

KRK32 Member

Brent im sorry but 28 isnt a typo you can go down to 26 with 4's or 2's and keep your lead minimal lately and those are pretty scarce but you can still get 6's so you have to pump up the 6's since they lose more velocity that far out than bigger shot does. If you think that a big bullet pull the trigger on some of those 1400 fps 1 1/2 kent shells those will rattle your teeth. Kirk

18. Shotgun Specialties

So Soft...................................................

19. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

Doug, I recently tested a Model 12 Prosoft gun with 3" duck loads---guess I'll have to make one up for duck hunting. No more brain damage from all the shooting! Phil S.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.