1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The New Gen Knows Nothing, HA HA HA

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bawana, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

A friend had a workman at her house doing some work. He asked if he could use the phone. Yes you can its over there. He went to the phone which was on the wall and he just looked at it. She saw him just standing there and said its OK you can make your call. He then picked up the hand set and then poked his finger in each hole for the number. It was a rotory dial phone. He did not know how to work a dial phone. The new gen knows knowing.

2. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Mike Church calls them "Generation Wasted Load".

3. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

Yeah, and old folks have trouble using the internet, programming their TVs, VCRs, cell phones, etc, etc, etc. If you've never used or seen something, how are you supposed to know how to use it?

Michael (who still has and uses a rotary phone)

4. hunter870

hunter870 Member

ok...so how many of our generation know how to handcrank a model A Ford?

5. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

All the "kids" use cell phones and text message most of their discussions. Why have a cell phone and punch in your message? Have you tried to text message? Crazy. Ed

6. hunter870

hunter870 Member

whoops...i meant model T. I guess my ignorance proves my point....

7. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

knows knowing?

8. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Slick 13, wrong-o.

I do all that and more. There are a host of retired guys here that can teach you a thing or 2 about computers.

I have been retired for 6 years, ran an opennap server for 4, do service calls on satellite systems, AAAAAAAAnd..........

I can start a Model T OR a John Deere tractor.

Bet you can't.

P. S. What's the right side twistgrip do on an Indian chief, 1947 model?

HM

10. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

spark advance ? Jeff

11. skip

skip Member

Jerbear

Good One!

12. ANTRIM UDF

ANTRIM UDF TS Member

I believe it operates the throttle on the Indian. To hand crank the Model T, don`t wrap your thumb around the crank. I`m 58. My 6th grade teacher Mrs Buell taught us the crank deal. Taught us a lot more in old farm tech. Kids today will be olde some day and they will wow their G`kids on the old days.

13. ArmySGM

ArmySGM Member

It's called the dummying down of America. They can't count change without the register telling them how much to give back, and then they still make mistakes.

That's why they have no idea of when they are giving up their rights without a fight. They have no idea what's going on.

Gary

14. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Halfmile

Right side should be throttle. Left should be timing retard for starting????

I guess with a side shifter, and a suicide clutch, they could be reversed and work as well.

Danny

15. halfmile

Ah yes. Bigbore has it. Indians had the controls reversed, throttle on the left, spark on the right.

Now, about that old John Deere............

HM

16. halfmile

Yep the flywheel, My wife could start her Dad's when she was 7 years old.

My cousin Jack broke his arm cranking a Case.

HM

17. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

The kids today can't live without A/C. I remember when the car, house and school did not have A/C at all. We just sat there and took it. They did not close school for heat. Today they do.

18. silverBB

silverBB TS Member

Gas at $.18 per gallon, or if you didn't get yer butt full of rock salt, you could get it from any farm from their gravity flow tank .....most were never locked. Mike

19. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Grampawmike, you were right on getting it from some farmer when they weren't home.

My Father-in-law had that problem. He had a long drive way, maybe a half mile long drive. It seems that they would come and get the gas while the family was at church.

So one week, the gas man and my Father-in-law switched the gas for water. Needless to say, cars don't run on water.

Well, when the family came home from church, there was the neighbor's son's car about half way down the drive. It seems the car quit on him as he was leaving the premises.

My Father-in-law collected from the perpetrator's Dad, and nothing more was said. But, he never lost anymore gas out of his barrels.

Hauxfan!

20. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

Yep, I'd like to snap my fingers and disable every Harley electric starter in the country, it would put quite a damper on the new "craze".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.