1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The new energy bill?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by striper, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

striper Member

Was listening to Glen Beck this evening and I just can not understand how the Dumocates and 7 idiot Republicans allowed this bill to pass. 300 amendments were added to the bill at 3 AM. Do you realize that if this bill passes that if you want to sell your home a friggin GOVT inspector will come and see if your home is energy efficient and if your windows, appliances and other items in the house are not up to the GOVT standard you must upgrade the house to a passing grade before you can sell the house. People the friggin GOVT is out of wack. I do give a damn what party your in this crap of the GOVT running and interferring with our lives somehow has to be stopped. This administration has done more in 6 months to ruin our great nation and if your a Dumocrate and can give me just one reason why this bill along with B Frank using tax money to bail out Ca is a good idea speak out!!! I am glad I have lived 70 years in the great nation because this President is destroying our country and the people in Wash DC do not have the common sense to stop the stupidity!!!!!

2. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

This bill sucks entirely. Congress failed to read it but be assured we won't fail to pay for it. A bunch of baboons could do a better job as they can't read either. I emailed my Congressman who voted for it and told him he failed to represent any of his constituents and I'll do my best to vote him out. I really feel bad for retirees (on fixed imcomes) who will see their energy bills increase if this piece of sh-t passes the Senate. They'll be many who will lose their jobs and if someone could show me the diversity of the green jobs that are allegedly created, but they talk in a conceptual manner. This is no better than snake oil. BT-100dc

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

It has the two key ingredients of success:

1. Government gets the money for selling the carbon credits.

2. It creates jobs..."Ladies and Gentlemen, it is my distinct pleasure to introduce - Sasha Obama, Vice-President of Carbon Trading for Goldman-Sachs!" (don't laugh - Chelsea Clinton was a New York hedge fund manager at age 24).

Gawd I love this country.

4. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

What little we have been "allowed" to know about this bill is bad enough, but God only knows what is in the additional 300 pages of "amendments" the Dems (facists) inserted at 3 a.m. Not one congressperson had read the bill, or had any idea what he/she was voting for when they passed this abomination. Which, by the way, has very little little actually to do with energy, and everything to do with additional taxes, and more important, extending federal control into just about every aspect of our lives.

If you want to know why 8 Repubs voted for this monstrosity as well as the idiot Dems behind it, follow the money. The primary number of votes came from the "left" coast, and the east coast states. Both of these areas rely heavily upon hydroelectric power (lots of rivers/dams to generate electricity). They rely considerably less on coal and oil for power, unlike the mid west, south, north, and most of the rest of the u.S. What this means under "cap and trade" is that these areas will have large amounts of "clean air credits" they can then sell to all the states who mostly have to rely on coal and oil for energy. It will amount to many billions of dollars for such areas as California, New York, and some other west and east coast areas. That is why they went heavily for the cap and trade bill. Its all about the money.

Jim R

5. 3200SK Robinson

3200SK Robinson TS Member

Way to go Striper! Well said and stay locked and loaded! against these Tyrants. We're in DEEP TROUBLE if this bill passes in the "SENANITA".

Keep a Stiff Upper Lip!
    Richard

6. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

They do this more & more, pass bills without ever reading them. How can they be representing us when they have no idea what they are doing! Vote straight party lines in lock step with what ever the "party" wants. We have got to vote these clowns out but I don't know if that is even possible the way elections are run now days. Acorn, illegals voting, dead people voting,- this country is a mess. I'm afraid freedom is dead & I feel sorry for the younger generations that have no idea what they have lost. Glad I'm old. Colonel

7. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Just to let you know, We here in the Hydro states ( I live in WA) have allready had our Cap and Trade done to us!!!

Instead of a carbon tax they (gov) hit us with "save the salmon" It has destroyed our logging and farming communites (small towns)

The Salmon are just fine we've had record runs since 2000!!

But thats not PC!! and dosen't get ECO votes!!

8. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Wonder why Obama is always putting his support behind the world's dictators? This giant energy tax is just more proof that we are losing our country. I thought Obama the great wasn't going to raise taxes on the poor. Americans are so stupid. No other way to explain how these crooks are in power and stay in power. People get the government they deserve. We have become a corrupt people now we have a corrupt government. Government comes from the people. Giving the government more money won't do a thing for the environment. It will make all of us poorer though.

9. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

It's a pos. Probably one of the worst things to every happen to this country. We have to stop it somehow in the Senate.

Sad thing is most people don't know about it. Even at the gun club, most of the shooters I talked to don't know what cap and trade is.

Some say congress doesn't even know what is in the bill. I don't believe that, I think they know that the bill will raise taxes for everybody. They might not know the specifics but they know it will raise taxes, and that is all they care about. Sucking more money out of Americans.

I hate those sobs more than anything. Rot in hell you back stabbing congressmen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.