1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The new Baserri shotguns

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Setterman, Dec 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Had the opportunity to shoot the 2 new versions of the Baserri shotgun line. one model was a lightweight hunting model with 28" bores, and the other was 30" sporting version called the "Elite". The hunting gun was very light, probably under 7 pounds. I'd estimate the Elite at around 8.5 pounds. The Elite had a 10mm strait rib. Triggeres are coil spring with LOP and creep adjustment.

Baserri claims to have light recoil with their Elite. After checking the bores, we found the initial bore diameter starts out at .735 till you get to approx 12" from the chokes. Then the bores taper (and it is a very straight taper) down to .722 at the choke tube step.

We found the IM choke to be .693 and Mod to be .698, so teh chokes are based off the .722 bore diameter.

The gun does shoot softer than I expected for the weight w/ 3 dr loads.

This is the first I heard of these guns. They expect to compete with CG, Browning, and Zoli. Time will tell.
    [​IMG]

2. Setterman

closer look
    [​IMG]

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Fabarm offshoot if I'm not mistaken. The barrel profile you describe is the Fabarm Tribore design.

4. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

JMO..I dont think they will compete with CG..

5. Setterman

I don't think they will either. Wood fit and a bit of a "bulky" feeling of the wood are down sides. The ejector rods protrude beyond the frame quite a bit and that adds width to the overall frame and wood width.

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Looks like they are made in Brecia, Italy...and so far they offer hunting and sporting models....no adjustable combs and no trap specific models...so waht would be the appeal over a Berretta or a Browning.

7. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I looked at the Baserri guns and found the same in the fit and feel. I didn't shoot one but what I was told they shoot good.
    I don't know were the gun would fall in but not a Guerini or Beretta.
    I do think if someone looking at a gun thats not a lot of money it could be the gun to buy. They are good looking guns.
    It's like all new guns. It could be the best buy out there or you don't like it. They need demo's then people would want to try them and may buy then faster.

8. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

They state on thier website that they want to biuld the best shotguns in America....well for starters, they're not built in America (Italy) and to call what I've seen, I think all the Kolar, Silver Seitz, Alferman, Bowen and Ljutic owners might have something to say about that...

9. Setterman

At $2,900, I would not expect them to compete with those guns.

10. Landshark

Landshark Member

I've held the light weight hunter model. Kind of cheap looking and felt like a Yildiz. I don't care for aluminum receivers even if the have a steel insert in the bolt face. It's a $1200 gun IMO.

I doubt that Browning, Beretta and CG have anything to worry about.

11. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

If they are bulky they should compete with a Browning pretty well. Neil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what happened to baserri shotguns