1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The new ATA Rulebook . . .

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Neil Winston, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

. . . is available on line at the above link. Or you can request a handy printed one; the method is the top item on the homepage of Shootata.com and here:

http://shootata.com/Content/News/2010_Rulebook_Requests.aspx

Enjoy!

Neil

2. samiam03

samiam03 Member

What's the chance of the ATA printing an enlarged type version?

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

You can print the downloadable PDF version on the link above any size you want, sam. Using a scale factor of about 175% (vs standard 100%) will give you a wonderful copy. In fact, I printed one out since I use it so often on the field and so many shooters can hardly see it in distributed form.

Neil

4. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

any significant changes??

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Thanks Neil. Always appreciated. Merry Christmas!

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Frank- Two changes come to my mind. One, the definition of machine gunning during doubles has been clarified. I can take partial credit for that change. I have been pushing that for several years. Second- Category declaration has been significantly changed and changed for the worse I believe. I have already begun talking with delegates to get this change reversed. I hope I am joined by many others.

Pat Ireland

7. WWB

WWB Member

Neil
    I tried to order one from the ATA home page--wouldn't work, needed a specific club name and club number?? If that wasn't provided--no soap.
    I wanted a copy of the 2010 to see the changes on the Vet/SR Vet section.
    I turned 70 in November and have heard about 4 different versions of what is true and supposedly factual..I also read a short blurb on it--maybe on here & it didn't seem to make any sense to me.
    Do I just call and order one or?? Thanx for any help or clarification
    Bill

8. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

AND print it!

9. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Pat: the rule for "machine-gunning" still isn't satisfactory for this reason:
    The reference is to a single pull of the trigger, but frequently with an auto, the cause is a rapid double tap as the result of the gun recoiling in the shooters hands. It appears to be "machine-gunning" but by the definition of the rules, it seems that it comes under the provision for shooting twice at the same target in doubles, which results in both targets scored as "lost."

10. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

2010 ata rule book

ata rulebook