1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The New 101

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mad frank, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mad frank

mad frank TS Member

Just received my new Winchester catalog and noticed they have brought back the Winchester 101 trap model. Was wondering if anyone has purchased one and how it compares to the good old original?
    Frank Maglin

2. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Wrap that catalog up into a roll. Real tight. Now rap yourself upside the cheek a couple times and that should be what the new 101 one feels like.

Sorry Frank, I couldn't help it.

AJ100

3. mad frank

mad frank TS Member

Yeah AJ, I've heard others tell how they've been kicked hard by the 101's. For some reason my top single's recoil feels much less than my BT99 with a gra coil installed on it. Go figure.
    Frank

4. Inspector 12

Inspector 12 TS Member

I have two 101's. One a diamond grade unsingle the other a top single and I don't think either of them kick overly.. both are actually fun to shoot.

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

<a href="http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t196/jrm7800/?action=view&current=513061lwinchester.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> Not to sure but isnt this the same as the select energy trap with out the trap stock?

6. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

I had one years ago. It did smack you some. On the other hand I know a guy that still shoots his, since the mid 70's, and doesn't have any problem. I think the combs were too narrow on the old ones. I have a pretty thin face and it kinda got me on the cheekbone.

AJ100

7. mad frank

mad frank TS Member

You see AJ there's the difference. You got smacked because of having a thin face. I on the other hand have a fat face and therefore have padding.
    Frank

8. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Who makes the new one?

9. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The Select is a heckuva gun for the money. The 101 is the Select with cosmetic changes.

Since Browning is making its fantastic Cynergy in an Unsingle combo, maybe the 101 will come out with the same packaging.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.