1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The nervous Fudds here can now own an AR15....

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    ...because Areas now makes a Fudd AR15 for you.

It even has a Remington 870 buttstock.

2. Turtle29728

Turtle29728 TS Member

...and it no longer looks like a (shudder) ASSAULT rifle---Pelosi and her ilk will be ecstatic. hehehe

3. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Uh...I have a question: Where does the bolt go upon firing?

Your standard AR has the buffer tube (also part of the stock) which houses the buffer spring which is what forces the bolt to return to the locked position. I don't see how they can have that stock on there and make it "readily accept many AR15/M16 accessories including upper receivers, barrels, BOLTS..." If it weren't for this line, I'd guess they changed the bolt design to something similar to an FAL or AK or anything really of the same basic design. Can anybody explain how they do it? Josh

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The bolt carrier has been modified, and supposedly it is similar to a Benelli shotgun. But I have not seen the actual bolt carrier to know for sure.

BTW, walnut A1 pattern (triangular) forends are available, and since it takes 870 stocks a walnut buttstock would probably swap. Wouldn't that look cool?

5. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I like that one.

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

It is kind of cool looking- but it does defeat the straight line thinking of "real" ARs and all the benefits that is advertised to have such as keeping the rifle muzzle down when you fire.

I know that with a 223 you think there isnt much recoil but fire one of them full auto and you will have muzzle rise even with the straight line recoil- I know this is a semi auto

regards from Iowa

Gene

7. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

Fudd AR15 doesent describe this bastardization

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Why???? But, I do like the 22RCU on the website. A 22 rifle based off the Ruger Mark III pistol.

9. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

hmm. i'll stick with my DPMS.. thanks for the post

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I think thats more of the female version of a mans weapon, its cute and don't look like an assault rifle ... Thats why I love my Glocks they look like toys with all that plastic on them but in reality they eliminate the threats and are super reliable ... I like the old look and version better, an assault weapon should look like an assault weapon ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Cool, dip it in camo and you have another coyote gun.

12. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Gene... put on a 870 trap stock and you will have a straight line setup!

13. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

First let say I can't see how this is real.... I'll have to see it first (SHOT SHOW maybe) but on their web site the following Product Features -- Use ANY AR15/M16 Upper....yea right... the trot line is out..........GRUBBY

14. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I would like one in .308

15. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

If I was of a mind to want an AR-15, I would probably just get the original configuration...you know...the scary, evil black ones with the scary, evil pistol grip and the scary, evil retractable stock, chambered in the scary, evil 223/5.56 NATO.

16. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Don't forget about the scarey evil rails, flashlights and lazers, and of courses a bayonette lug is mandatory Tim.

17. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

...So their description is wrong? If they did indeed modify the bolt carrier, that means the line I posted above would not be true. You couldn't take a standard AR bolt and change it out with the current one. There's no way they could put that stock on there and keep the same simple design of the AR. Josh

18. Rebsmith

Rebsmith Member

There is nothing in their literature or description of this rifle that states that it's an autoloader. It looks like a straight pull "bolt" action repeater.

Jere

19. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I would also like one like that in 20ga for Mi deer season.

20. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

If they started with a Bushmaster...would the new model be called the Fuddmaster 15?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.