1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The national debt...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by wireguy, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

The only thing that is going to turn "it" around is to get the government out of the marketplace. The marketplace today is like Guliver in Guliver's Travels. It is tied down with millions of laws, regulations, rules, taxes, fees, licenses, permits, and layer after layer after layer of bureaucracy. The marketplace has been paralyzed to the point that success is darn near impossible so people have quit trying and the big money people who could fund startups and such are simply sitting on their money. In addition to all the above throw the clown Obama making up rules and laws as he goes, on a whim, so the ability of business to predict the market and make a calculated risk in search of profit is dead.

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

When a politician says, "we will bring jobs back" where is he going to bring them back from? Is he going to steal them as Mississippi did to Illinois with Olin Corp? Or maybe from China, where a worker may make $5.00 a day. We as a manufacturing country of consumer goods are No More....and never will be again.

3. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

If are wonderful elected representatives would just eliminate there Pork barrel spending, reduce there salary down to what there really worth, and most of all cancel THERE high price Health Care we be out of depth in 6 mts. Plus NO major
    operation for these slime balls after 70, that would save us 500 billion a year!?! just think the cost involved keeping these self center A.O. around, most are a disgrace to our country, thieves with out mask or gun.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Someone has been in the catnip again.

The national debt has absolutely NOTHING to do with the unsold inventory of private corporations.

It is, rather, the piled up indebtedness of excessive government spending since WW2.

It is out there in the form of T-bills, T-Bonds, Federal reserve obligations, U.S. Savings Bonds,and a host of other so-called "investments" backed by the U. S. Government.

At this point, 43 cents of every dollar you pay in taxes goes for interest on this debt.

Do not confuse the National Debt with the Deficit. The Deficit is the amount spent in a year that exceeds income, which necessitates borrowing and further increases the debt.

Your share of the interest that has to be paid is 10 thousand 5 Hundred and Fifty One dolars per citizen this year. If you have a family of 4 that's 42 thousand dollars. Just in interest.

The amount owed is much more staggering. It is $176,071.00 per Citizen.

If you mash the link, be prepared for a shock. (Not for the faint of heart.)

This is where the usury system and the tax and spend liberal policies has gotten us.

At some point soon we are going to implode, no matter how many brave Dutch Boys put their finger in the dike with puny "budget balancing" measures.

Buy bullets and powder. And get a wood burner in your house.

HM

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

There has been one forecast of cannibalism in the big cities........

HM

6. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Chuckles, ever notice that they still have money for sports stadiums?

7. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Halfmile, thank you for laying out the definitions accurately. It is amazing that the news reports things and no one knows what the words actually mean. It always amazed me when the cliton administration would proudly report budget surpluses, and people though that we actually had money saved and sitting in an account somewhere. This country has been been operating on borrowed money all of my 52 years. I would try to explain that the term "budget surpluses" only means that Washington did not spend all they could borrow, and people would not believe me.

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

I didn't think we talked about the national debt anymore, since Bush isn't in office.

From CBS, September 29, 2008

"(AP)With no fanfare and little notice, the national debt has grown by more than $4 trillion during George W. Bush's presidency.

It's the biggest increase under any president in U.S history.

On the day President Bush took office, the national debt stood at $5.727 trillion. The latest number from the Treasury Department shows the national debt now stands at more than $9.849 trillion. That's a 71.9 percent increase on Mr. Bush's watch."

Click on the link above and tell me how that hope and change is workin' out for ya. Another 6 years (hopefully only 2) and we can compare notes.

9. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

America is not coming back. You are witnessing the fall of the West and the rise of Asia and Islam. We have abandoned the religion that put us on top and the traditional family in the West is gone. We are dying in a hundred ways. Our low birthrate alone will insure our demise. The debt is only one symptom of a dying culture. The only way to turn America around would be to stop illegal immigration, have a spiritual revival and get the government out of everything, EVERYTHING. It isn't going to happen. A rotten, spoiled, indebted, immoral people don't turn away from government, they turn towards it then all go down the drain together.

10. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

rpeerless. I would get in touch with the savings bond people and see if they can do a trace of some sort. You might get luck. 60 years of compounding interest may have you a pretty good sum of money.

Speaking of bonds, in 2008 I ordered $30,000 of savings bonds. They issued me $5,000 and sent back the rest of the money. It seems the new rules are that a citizen can only buy $5,000 per year. I sent a letter asking why communist, foreign powers can buy millions and billions, but a citizen can only buy $5,000. I never got a reply.

11. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Our youth are coming out of a failed culture with destroyed families. 40 percent (and rising) are born out of wedlock. California is right now majority Latino in their public schools. We have a national debt that can never be paid off. A nation gets the leaders they deserve. We voted for these people, they can't be better than we are because they come from us. An immoral and corrupt people will have an immoral and corrupt government. Morality is out and immorality is in. Family is out and greed is in. You can put your head in the sand and say it isn't so but America is dying as is Western Europe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.