1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The minutes of the August 2010 BOD meeting are

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Neil Winston, Dec 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

here for your reading pleasure.

Neil

2. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

What is the ATAA ??

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

And it only took 4 months....

Curt

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Curt- The minutes of the August meeting are not official until they are approved at the next EC meeting. The EC began its Winter meeting yesterday in Vandalia. One of the first orders of business was to approve the minutes of the last (August) meeting. The minutes were made public a couple of hours after the approval. That seems fast to me.

Pat Ireland

5. Neil Winston

As a matter of strict accuracy. Pat, the EC cannot approve the minutes since they do not make up a majority of the body holding the meeting, the BOD. What they can do is direct the Secretary to make them public to inform the members and so that the BOD can know what they say, and so speedily approve them at their next meeting, August 11, 2011.

You will, Pat, detect a shift in policy from our early days as Delegates, one which I consider all for the good.

Persons who want to get something done at that next meeting would be well advised to start working on it now.

Neil

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Wonderful. HMB

7. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

Why would anyone want anything constructive done? It's a lot more fun to just BITCH! Jimmy Borum

8. TEXASBEN

TEXASBEN Member

Morning Jimmy,

Just good morning.

Ben Dondon

9. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

The changes to the category rules are much appreciated. I believe that they are fair as they stand now. Thanks to the board for listening to our input.

10. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Recurvy:

I read this quickly yesterday so I may have missed something, but I don't think any changes were made to the category rules at all. I think the change was defeated.

11. recurvyarcher

You are correct. I re-read it. I just lost my respect for most of the people that are in the ATA B.O.D...again.

12. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Wonderful. HMB

13. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

The only real change to the category rule is the addition of the sentence “The only exception to this rule will be to correct an ATA classification error.“ to the end of Section IV, J (first main paragraph.) There is also a rewording that was put in as a "housekeeping" measure (ref lines 724 - 753 in the minutes).

14. phirel

phirel TS Member

recurvyarcherI did not lose respect for the BOD but I am disappointed the current rule was not changed.

Pat Ireland

15. Neil Winston

Maybe it bears repeating.

"Persons who want to get something done at that next meeting would be well advised to start working on it now."

The reason that rule was not changed was that no one even tried to change it. That's the first thing you need. But I told you that last year.

Neil

16. 870

870 Well-Known Member

V10 or anyone else:

Regarding the category rule proposal in the minutes. The rule is what-it-is and I won't complain about it anymore, but I do have a question. In the minutes, I understand the proposed changes were the bold italic print. What I find confusing is that the non-bold, non-italic print, which I would generally consider to be the text of the rule remaining unchanged, is not the wording of the rule that we had at the end of last year? Were their some prior proposals floating around that never made it?

17. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

The only explanation I can offer is that what was published in the minutes was a "working" copy of the proposed changes. As I mentioned, the only change in Section IV, J was to add the sentence about correcting errors as indicated in the "Resolved" statement.

18. recurvyarcher

Neil, if nobody tried to change it, then why was it voted on? Didn't somebody bring it up? If they did, why did they, if nobody wanted it changed?

19. Neil Winston

Devi, there's a world of difference between "bringing something up" and trying to change it.

As far as I can tell, no one on TS.com has ever figured that out.

Neil

20. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

According to my source it never got out of the Delegate's meeting. Therefore you might ask your delegate why not?

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.