1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Maine Event

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by higun, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. higun

higun Member

The Maine Trapshooting Association would like to remind you that this weekend, July 18,19 &20, is the 118th annual Maine State Trapshoot and that you are invited to attend.

The shoot will be held at the Scarborough Fish & Game Club. The Scarborough Club has been working feverishly since last year to improve an already great facility. Parking has been expanded, a new clubhouse has been closed in and will serve for registration and such. There is a new and expanded camping area as well as an "overflow" parking area. Everything will be located "up top" this year. Much has happened in the last year and there is much still planned. Come check it out and enjoy three days of shooting.

We hope to see you this weekend.
    Good luck and good shooting!

Joe Hall

2. lisalong

lisalong Member

Great shoot last year! We'll be there again this year.

3. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

Was just wondering--What pic is on your hats this year.The lobster was a classic as well as the light house.

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

What is the golf cart policy up there in the far north??

5. Chip

Chip TS Member

All golf carts must be equipped with tire chains, there is still snow on the gournd.

6. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

This thread should have been called the RAIN event....

7. jimsw

jimsw Member

Scarborough has a really great new facility. It was a bit wet on Friday when monster thunderstorms blew through but they recovered and Saturday was pretty good a little threatening but no downpours. Everyone worked hard and ran a nice shoot. I'm looking forward to shooting again in the great state of Maine.

8. Frank C

Jim...it wasn't exactly sunny today in Scarborough....

The club is really coming along, great strides since last yr. I'll post some pics after I download from the camera...lost somewhere in all my wet gear and clothes....Frank

9. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

Are the winners posted any where? I had some friends shoot there and was curious how they did.

Dr. Honk

10. jimsw

jimsw Member

Frank, I know it wasn't sunny today. I spent the morning over in Cape Elizabeth wishing I could make it over for the doubles but I was too busy.
    Thinking about it, among the shooters this weekend were at least 3 current All-Americans, the past President of the ATA and a former All-American, and a recent Grand American Handicap Champion. Not bad competition.

11. Frank C

It was a great time, we stuffed ourselves on Lobster and Steamers last night and shot through the raindrops today. pictured on the right is Jordan Kibbee finishing up his first 200 in the 16's yesterday, next to him is a Mexican Ground Squirrel I believe.......sorry phil.....

12. Frank C

The new and not quite finished Trap building....in a rare moment of sunshine....

13. Frank C

Thanks to Chef Mike Sherry and his Wife Jane (That is Lillian next to Mike) for organizing all the eats, I think about 90 lbs of Lobster and a couple bushels of steamers!!! Jane where are you??

14. Frank C

There's Jane!

15. RAScott

RAScott Member

Good shoot even through the rain drops. great company and great lobsters and steamers. this is what it is all about. When the club is finished will be one of the finest in the north east. Nice pics. Frank.

16. Frank C

Wait, how many Lobster did Nino eat anyway??

17. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Any scores??

Ed Yanchok

18. Frank C

Ed, I left after I shot the Caps (squad 2) I was soaked, No idea who won other than the NR Singles as described above....

Somebody must have hung around!!!???

19. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Some friends from New Jersey went up and I was wondering if any of them performed.

Ed Yanchok

20. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Well I have shot the NY, NH, RI,NC,and Pa state shoots,,,I think it might be time to go to Maine,,,looks real nice,,,see ya next year,,,,Bill Goscinski

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.