1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Loss of our Best Friend

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by target 50, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. target 50

target 50 TS Member

Yesterday was a very sad day for our family as we had to put our 8 year old Boxer down due to cancer. Her name was Moxie and it suited her to a tee. She was full of life to the very end and it devastated us to make this decision.
    Although our hearts are broken and the sadness is more than we can bear, we know the decision we made was right. We could not let her suffer any more.
    We have had her since she was a pup and have wonderful memories of her.
    Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

The McComsey Family
    oxford_2008_03031.jpg

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Hey Bill....

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

Curt

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Sorry for your loss. I will remember your family in prayer as I know how it is to lose a long time companion. Jackie B.

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Very sorry to hear Bill...I know it feels just as you have lost a child

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that your little buddy had to leave. All dog lovers know the pain your going through and feel for you. I received a note from a dear friend that his wife had to have his Brittany put away recently and even though he wasn't there, it broke his tough ol heart just the same.

Cherish the memories of your buddy as most of us dog lovers must do time and again because they don't live anywhere near long enough even under the best of circumstances! We feel your pains.

Hap

6. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

We all have been through this and know exactly how you feel. A dogs life is way too short. They are an important part of our family. My condolences go out to you and your family. You will always have Boxer in your memories. Someday give a thought to getting another "Best Friend". You won't regret it and Boxer would want you to do this. Good Luck. Ed

7. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Our Boxers Rowdy and Cookie are with Moxie right now ( time heals all )
    Thoughts and prayers are with you.

8. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear of your loss!!! May it be short. Any thoughts of a new name for the next one. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

9. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

Sorry to hear of your loss of your beloved pet. Take comfort in the fact that you gave Moxie a great home and all the love a pet deserves. You have wonderful memories to look back on.

She's romping with a bunch of great dogs now - add our 4 springers to her list of new friends - all of them pain free.

Cindy

10. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

I know what it is like to say goodbye to a companion they become so much a part in ours lives and family our prayers are out to you and you're family remember the memories and smile she is resting in comfort now. Pat & Patty K

11. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

I'm very sorry for your loss, very tough to lose a great friend. I know my 12 year-old labs time is coming soon, I can't stand to think about it..Take care

Domenic

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Please find some comfort in knowing that your beloved pet no longer has to suffer and will be waiting to reunite with you when the time is right at the Rainbow Bridge ... I know your feelings well having felt them more times than I care to rememeber ... Heart felt condolances to you on your loss ... Think of the Good Times ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. neofight

neofight TS Member

Man, i know your pin all too well. We recently put our beloved Clyde down. Clyde was with us for 16 fun-filled years, but we knew it was time to say good-bye. You can take solace in knowing that you respected your pal by doing right by him and not allowing him to suffer needlessly.

Hang on to the memories, as we do. It is quite comforting.

14. perazzi2005

perazzi2005 Member

Sorry to hear about your loss.. Dogs do that to you.. Hang in there..-----Dave Oberst

15. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

Every time I read one of these I get a lump in my throat as I look at my wiemmy. Had two wonderful boxers once. GREAT dogs. Both died with cancer. I hope time helps heal your pain. You did good by caring for your dog at the end.

16. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

I am very sorry for your loss and will pray that time will heal your hurt. I lost my best Friend BEBE almost a year ago and think of our Happy times everyday. A Friend sent me a card that has a Poem on it called "The Rainbow Bridge" this poem helped me through many Sad times

Just this side of Heaven lies the Rainbow Bridge.

When a beloved Pet Passes, They go to the Rainbow Bridge. They make Friends with other Animals and frolics over rolling hills and peaceful, lush Meadows of Green.

Our pets do not thirst or hunger, The old and sick are made young once again, The maimed and the ill become healed and strong. They are as healthy and playful as we remember them in days gone by. Though happy and content they still miss someone very special, someone they had to leave behind.

Together the Animals chase and play, but the day comes when a pet will suddenly stop and look into the distance...bright eyes intent, eager body quivering. Suddenly recognizing you, Your pet bounds quickly across the green fields and into your embrace. You celebrate in Joyous reunion. You will never again seperate. Happy tears and kisses are warm and plenty; your hands carress the face you missed. You look once more into the loving eyes of your pet and know you never really parted. You realize that though out of sight, your love has been remembered.

And now you cross The Rainbow Bridge Together... M.A. Preston.

I am sorry for your loss (and the length of my post) but hopefully it will help you through some of the sad times. God bless

Mark

17. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

I am sorry for your loss, and it touches me.

I have raised and bred Boxers for over 20 years. They are a very special breed. Every Boxer I had was a house dog, I do not believe in "kennel dogs"

I was devastated when I had to put my last male down (12 years old), and my youngest son still wants his "Moose" back.

As it happens, my sister inlaw showed up with a 5 1/2 week old "taco bell dog" and was going to give it to my Wife's mother.

I said no way, she will never house break it, so I stepped up and offered to house train it.

Two years plus I still have the dog.

I hope you start your healing process with a new puppy soon.

Kenny Uhlbeck

I still have this lil chihuahua, and would not give her up for anything.
    She is just like a real dog, but just little.

budsterxt_2010_1707.jpg

18. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Bill,

Wow...that's tough. Hang in there and try to remember all the good times with her.

Jon Reitz

19. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

So Sorry.

20. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Martin and I offer our condolences.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.