1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The loss of a special friend.....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Dave, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Jim Burk (Antique) just called me with some very sad news, his golden retriever, Dobe, has passed away. Jim and Dobe were inseparable. Anyone that ever shot any of the major shoots at Elysburg is sure to have met Dobe. She would walk with Jim carrying his ear muffs, Dobe would lay behind the scorer's chair while Jim was shooting and then get up to meet him after the last post, take the muffs and carry them to the next trap, lay down and wait for Jim to finish again. Jim, Dobe, and I made many trips together and she became a special friend to me. I already miss her.

<a href="http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f326/dancingbear12/?action=view¤t=HPIM0054.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

If there are no dogs in heaven I don't want to go there, I want to go where they do.

2. SR1

SR1 TS Member

I understand the feeling's he is going through.I just lost my 11 yr old yellow lab 2 weeks ago.

3. antique

antique TS Member

Thanks Dave.Jim

4. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

Dave, Thanks for the note regarding you and your friend. I read somewhere once,......" No matter how little money-------and how few possessions, having a dog makes you rich."
    Rob Greenside

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Sorry about Dobe Jim. They leave a hole when they go that is hard to fill. She sounded like quite a character! I wish I had got to see her carrying your ear muffs. Get another Jim, it's the only thing that helps the pain and I think Dobe would want you too.Jeff Westlund Eugene,Oregon

6. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Jim, Iam so sorry to hear of this... I really enjoyed getting to meet Dobe last year :) The loss of a "faithful companion" has always been tramatic for me... I know you will miss her but always remember that she is with you in your heart and memories. You have my deepest sympathy..

Martin Wilbur

7. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I also have experienced the pain of losing my best friend. They are indeed part of the family and leave a huge void in our lives. It's sad they have such a short life span. Ed

8. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear fo his loss, been there done that it never gets easier. Tell him to remember all the good times and he'll find him self smiling.

9. antique

antique TS Member

I want to thank everybody on this thread and the emails Dobe was a special dog yoy only had to show her one time to do something and she never forgot how to do it again. Jim

10. moke

moke TS Member

To me this says it all......moke

“He is your friend,
    your partner,
    your defender,
    your dog.

You are his life,
    his love,
    his leader.
    He will be yours,
    faithful and true,
    to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

anonymous

11. antique

antique TS Member

thanks Moke.Jim

12. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

So sorry to hear of your loss. The little story "Rainbow Bridge" is pretty good and it still brings a tear to my eye when I think of my faithful pets. Rajh passed away on Feb 16th two years ago.

Remember the good times and take care, John

13. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

With the loss of my beloved Mugs I have come to this conclusion. You don't have to get over it, you just have to go on. My heartfelt sympathies. wireguy

14. buckshot

buckshot Active Member

Jimmy
    as many times as weve talked, sorry bud
    Dobe was in the conversations, please take care of yourself and Donna, we love you Tom Inez

15. jsteenson

jsteenson Member

We just lost our beloved Nitro,an old rotty last October,my God how we miss him.My sympathies,I can relate.Jack

16. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Jim, we're sorry to hear of your losing your buddie. This is something every dog lover must go thru and endure, loving dogs as we do. Like wireguy said, we don't have to forget, we just have to go on! I'm sorry. Hap

17. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Jim, I am very sorry that you lost Dobe. I was looking forward to seeing her at the Cherry Pie Shoot. I lost my dog last year, and I know how you and Mrs. Burk feel.

18. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss Jim; I had to let my Winston go a week ago Wednesday. Here is the item bcnu mentioned above. Bill Malcolm

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
    Author unknown...

19. bpcr

bpcr TS Member

I am sorry for your loss.... and a loss is not even close to the feeling that i am sure you have ... i lost a dear friend last june.. still hurts as bad today as it did then ..... love them while you gottem ..... adn be sure to breakem all .... Alex ...(Syruss... the one true horse dog)

20. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Dear Donna and Jim...I'm so sorry to hear about Dobe...she was truly a special girl and we will all miss her very much looking at the spot on the clubhouse floor that was hers and seeing it empty. Take care and know she had a great life filled with love...Calvin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.