1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The little things that make you go Hummm.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chipking, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chipking

chipking TS Member

Today I was down in my man-corner (my wife won't let me have a whole man-cave)loading up a bunch of Nitro-27 hulls. I always keep a telescoping magnet on my bench to allow me to pick up the occasional dropped primer or shell. As I was shuffling things around the magnet got pushed into a clump of loaded hulls sitting upright on my bench. As I go to remove it one of the loaded shells attaches to the magnet and comes out of the group. HUMMMMMM thats strange. 1 of the Nitro 27 hulls had a steel rim. I tried the other 20 or so on my bench and the magnet does not attach except to the primer as should be expected but this 1 hull most definitely has a steel base. As I said just a little thing to make you go Hummm.

--- Chip King ---

2. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Sounds like the rare and elusive 5th man eliminator shell.

3. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

The first Peters Blue that came out about the time Remington Premiers did were all Brass, had the top line figure 8 wad and some of the hardest shot on the market. Joe Ljutic called them the best kept secret in the shell market. I still have two full cases of the Brass shells. In my area it took about 6 months to switch to steel.

Ajax

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.