1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Little League All Stars who were never beaten

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by mrskeet410, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

'CHARLESTON, S.C. --- They are nearing 70 now, the 11 men who were 12-year-old boys in 1955 and who are remembered for the baseball games they could not play. They were — actually, with their matching blue blazers and striped ties, they still are — members of the Cannon Street All Stars.

The Cannon Street YMCA is near the Ashley River, which flows toward the harbor and Fort Sumter. The unpleasantness that started there in 1861 had left pertinent questions unsettled 94 years later, when the All Stars, all African Americans, decided to enter this city’s Little League tournament. Charleston canceled the tournament because blacks and whites simply did not play together. Actually, they did, all the time, in informal settings, on vacant lots. “Kids do not mess up the world, adults do,” says Leroy Major, 69, the All Stars’ pitcher and a retired schoolteacher...'

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/will011212.php3

2. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Do you suppose these boys, and later men, would have been allowed membership in a local gun club?

3. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

skeets, We all are still waiting for you to name this ficticious club you say was for "Whites Only" with the klan as members. You are full of crap or worse yet..A PLAIN LIAR!

Oscar

4. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Some people pretend that sort of discrimination didn't occur at gun clubs. It did, and they know it. Why they delude themselves I do not understand.

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Or, unlike you, they wish to expose them for what they were or are.

6. td_ict_ks

td_ict_ks TS Member

See if you can find the documentary on the History Channel or Discovery Channel about the Red Tails. I just saw it a few days ago.It was excellent and a real eye-opener. I also liked the part in the Baseball documentary by Ken Burns about the Negro Leagues.

7. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Oscar,

The Limousine Lesbian is NOT a PLAIN LIAR. She is a RACIST LIAR.

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I'll bet there is no gun club that has a ban on black folks or Jews these days. At one time, however, the ATA membership application had a question asking if the applicant was white.

Even though many black folks still believe that discrimination abounds, still...we've come a long way in that regard since the civil rights movement of the 1960's. Here, on Martin Luther King Day, I believe in his words about judging a person by the " content of their character " and not the color of their skin.

Character discrimination still exists in me but it does't have anything to do with the color of one's skin.

9. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to seeing the new movie 'Red Tails' which opens this Friday. Great story and some great airplanes.

Yes our country has a history that is not as dignified as we would like. In my life time I have seen attitudes about race change significantly. No doubt racism still exists but nothing like it was 50 years ago. I can't imagine that there would be such a things as a 'whites only' gun club in existence today but I do live a pretty sheltered life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.