1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Left's Idea of Info

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by darr, Jul 30, 2013.

1. darr

darr Well-Known Member

Tomorrow the latest GDP comes out. It has been computed the same way since 1929. Now for some reason research and development will be figured as an investment instead of an expense. This change in accounting technique will more than likely raise the GDP.

Normally I'd surmise that some government bean counter with no other way to justify his $80,000 a year job came up with this idea. But in the current truth climate I have to wonder why now is the right time to change accounting procedures. I realize this number comes from a supposedly non political perspective. However, the IRS is supposed to be an objectively ran organization as well.

I'll be stunned if we hear one word about this accounting change from the Obama administration. Especially IF the GDP is much higher than it has been the last year. My guess is the GDP number isn't going to be good. Maybe %1 to %1.5 But without this accounting change it might not even of been above 0.

I hate myself for not profiting more on the market over the past year. But being sane I knew the only reason stocks have gone higher is because the Fed is feeding it. So I was waiting for a pull back before investing. Well that cost me %20.

Anyway, all I'm saying is there is irrational exuberance out there. Manage your money yourself and manage it closely. The bubble is going to burst. And when it does you might not be able to sell fast enough.

Darr

2. darr

darr Well-Known Member

My parents wanted me to be an accountant. I considered it way to boring. Now accountants are like entertainers or lawyers. Hired guns to put the spin on the numbers according to the script. No doubt exciting and stressful. But not what I would call ethical or forthright. And the way this administration goes about it's business accounting is a good way to end up in jail.

Darr

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

If they told the truth there would be a run on the banks and markets that would make the one in 29 look like a cake walk, but there are a lot of guppies that buy the BS they are spewing

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Long ago the American public traded off hungering for the truth for hungering for a comforting lie. Our government was only too happy to give them what they wanted.