1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Latest News From Cardinal Center

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cardinalcentercamp, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cardinalcentercamp

cardinalcentercamp TS Member

In the past two weeks, 12 new traphouses have been built on the west end at Cardinal Center, bringing the total number to 52 traphouses! As of November 6th, preparations were being made for setting the very last trap house into place, and all but that one had been painted! The concrete was being poured for the first shooters pad, and the next day another shooters pad was poured. Take a look at the photos of the massive amount of equipment and construction work taking place! You will see Practice Trap Manager Craig Houck, and volunteer Dick Partin painting trap houses, and you will even see Jack Fishburn supervising the concrete work on the first shooters pad.

To view the pictures, click on the flickr link above. You will be able to see the 12 new traphouses from the east, and also from the west; plus the concrete for the first shooter’s pad being poured, preparations for setting the last of the 12 new traphouses and also the painting taking place. Not to mention the mountains of earth being moved by all of the heavy equipment! When viewing these photos, please note that there is a second page containing quite a few shots of the new section of trapline, so be sure to view the second page of photos as well!

The woods are also being cleared and target locations are being set for the walk-through archery range. Plans are for the archery range to be ready to open later this winter or spring. The Laundromat is coming along – the outside is done and the inside is being finished – however the crew was pulled off this job to do the 12 new traphouses while the weather held! Plans are for the Laundromat to be ready to open by the first of the year.

We hope you all appreciate the changes that are rapidly taking place at Cardinal Center! Can’t wait to see you in 2009!!!

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Here is the link for the pictures. I hope to shoot there this year. Bill Malcolm

3. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Should help the state move a little quicker. Maybe the state shoot can finish in daylight.

Amazing what private free enterprise (capitalism for you damacraps) can accomplish with out the government getting evolved on a state or federal. Government, Help? Hell just stay out of his way and it gets done while the government is still in committee.

Thanks Jack.

Rock

Jim

4. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

I was just thinking the same thing....two weeks ago they make the decision to add 12 traps and today the trap houses are in place and the pads are being poured ! These folks really know how to get the job done ! Plus another building, plus more camping sites. It just gets better, and better. I can truly say that anyone who has not gone to one of their shoots is really missing out.......Uncle Sam, Pa.

5. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

It helps to have a large bank account too.

Don

6. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

I don't see any grass or trees.

7. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Folks, I have been there several times. The Cardinal Center keeps getting better and better. I shoot there, vend there, and also stay in cabins on grounds. It doesn't get any better!

Matt - Woodson Enterprises

8. Shotgun Specialties

Shotgun Specialties Active Member

Cardinal, contact me for your CVR's I have 15 brand new sets that I can save you $$$ Over Bob Schultz
    Doug & Dave@ Shotgun Specialties 1-800-344-7468

9. RAScott

RAScott Member

looks great hope to get there this year.

10. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

Everyone should attend this shoot to see what a job has been done here. This place is absolutely a first class operation. Ohio should be proud.

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

The Cardinal Center is a great club. I wounder if other clubs could learn anything from its success.

Pat Ireland

12. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Mr. Fishburn is a nice guy also.

But he is a business man first , second and always. He is making a good return on his investment and he knows how to do what the people want and if he does that he has only Obama gun bans to worry about..

No trees but you can believe there will be grass and shelters at every bank by Classic time rolls around.

Rock

Jim

13. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

It looks great, I'll have to make a trip this TY.

Was wondering, are there any watering holes on the complex, or nearby where a fella could git hisself a cold refreshin' adult beverage after the day's events are over a la Elysburg?

I like those kinds of venues...

Guy B.

14. Dusted1

Dusted1 TS Member

I beleive there is a watering hole or resturant as you drive in to the place. I think Mr. Fishburn is the owner. I could be wrong as it's bin a couple of years since i've been there.

15. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

gd, if you go 15 minutes South on Rt 71, your nearly in Columbus. Plenty of great places to eat and enjoy an "adult beverage".

16. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Mr. fishburn is a religious man and does not sell any type of adult beverages on hisproperty. There is a place down town marango that is a small bar and chinese/mexican food place. Other then that you have to drive about 10 miles to either north or south exits to a place.

17. atashooter

atashooter Member

Last years Ohio shoot pics that somebody posted made me want to go. So 2009 Ohio State, I'll be there. Of course, I'll have to run over to Dayton and get a Marion's Pizza....

18. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Any plans for skeet fields?

19. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

I did not see a single guy in short skirt or high heels there! Tom Rhoads

20. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

wish Indiana had something half as nice................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.