1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Last Stand of Germany

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    And I thought the Britain was a has-been nanny state full of wimps....<br>
    <br>
    German men told they can no longer stand and deliver<br>
    <br>
    By Kate Connolly<br>
    Last Updated: 7:25pm BST 17/08/2004<br>
    <br>
    German men are being shamed into urinating while sitting down by a gadget which is saving millions of women from cleaning up in the bathroom after them.<br>
    <br>
    The WC ghost, a £6 voice-alarm, reprimands men for standing at the lavatory pan. It is triggered when the seat is lifted. The battery-operated devices are attached to the seats and deliver stern warnings to those who attempt to stand and urinate (known as "Stehpinkeln").<br>
    <br>
    "Hey, stand-peeing is not allowed here and will be punished with fines, so if you don't want any trouble, you'd best sit down," one of the devices orders in a voice impersonating the German leader, Chancellor Gerhard Schroder. Another has a voice similar to that of his predecessor, Helmut Kohl.<br>
    <br>
    The manufacturers of the WC ghost, Patentwert, say they are ready to direct their gadgets at the British market.<br>
    <br>
    Their prototype English-speaking WC ghost says in an American drawl: "Don't you go wetting this floor cowboy, you never know who's behind you. So sit down, get your water pistol in the bowl where it belongs. Ha, ha, ha."<br>
    <br>
    They also plan to copy the voices of Tony Blair and the Queen<br>
    <br>
    So far 1.8 million WC ghosts have been sold in German supermarkets.<br>
    <br>
    But Klaus Schwerma, author of Standing Urinators: The Last Bastion of Masculinity? doubts whether it will ever be possible to convert all men.<br>
    <br>
    "Many insist on standing, even though it leads to much marital strife," he said.<br>
    <br>
    In German, the phrase for someone who sits and urinates, a "Sitzpinkler", is equivalent to "wimp".<br>
    <br>

2. Brian in Oregon

Link here.<br>
    <br.
    Maybe a few will have the guts to leave the lid down and aim through it.

3. 90T3200

90T3200 TS Member

Geez...so calling one of them "squat to piss" wouldn't be an insult.

What the hell...I mean are all those guys' aim that bad? Is their sight plane not long enough or something?

I never thought it would be bragging to say I can keep it all in the bowl 99% of the time.

OK I'm done.

4. Brian in Oregon

Maybe they don't have a high enough rib?

5. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

The shameful thing two world wars brought to both England and Germany........
    too many of the REAL men with balls got killed off on both sides leaving the namby pambies to rule the roost, creating the PC vacuum we live in, today.

6. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

You know the Germans love of their masonary products. I have been in many German WCs that only had a tile wall with a trough in the bottom for your pinklen to drain out. A couple of water heads are usually set to wash the wall with a motion detector. This is good, because not matter how high my POI is set, all I have to do is hit the wall. ROFL You should see the lines at the ladies WC. Lederhosen und sitzen ist furchtbar!

7. southpark

southpark TS Member

Does this mean most of the public bathrooms there are unisex or do folks put the device in their home toilet and someone comes and fines the guy for standing and pissing in his own house?

Stevel-ct, your theory seems to have a lot of merit at first, but how do you explain France prior to the wars, especially WWII?

8. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Isn't that article you posted the full text of above copyrighted, Brian? It says at the bottom it is . . .

So I guess I have to ask if you got permission to reproduce it, and if not, why did you?

Neil

9. Bustedemall

Bustedemall TS Member

This is not the thread to be anal about is it Neil? lmao

10. Neil Winston

B'd'm, intellectual property is property. Appropriating it without payment is no different from someone picking your gun off a rack and taking it home. I would not call your objection to such an action "anal."

The website from which this article was plucked is sustained by advertising. When you go beyond "fair use" - as this surely does - you are robbing the advertisers as well. Just post the link with a teaser - "You've gotta read this, even if it makes no sense if you just leave the seat down when you pee in a toilet but read all about it at the link above anyway if you are in a particularly jingoistic mood.

Neil

11. Bustedemall

Bustedemall TS Member

I agree Neil, just couldn't resist the pun. Sorry I pissed you off. lol I appologize. Really.

12. Brian in Oregon

Meh. Of all the posts to get pissy over.

13. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

This thread is beginning to peter out...

Jay

14. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

If/when that device comes to the U.S. I think it will cause more of a trouble than it would solve. Most of the knuckleheads I know would just not lift the rim. My parents gave us hell if we didn't lift the rim. At our house we have an understanding, the men need the toilet seat up and the women need it down. If it's up the women put it down. If it's down the men lift it up! Sounds like another totally useless product!

Rem31TC

15. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I'd hear about if I left it up! It was the man's job to lower the seat.

Jay

16. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

No one is going to tell me how to take a piss. Besides its the mans right to stand and piss. That way its easier to piss down someones leg.

17. incognito

incognito TS Member

Brian,

Better delete this post. It seems you hit a little too close to home for Neil.

18. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

wow, I can't believe that this post got someones panties in a twist. LOL RG

19. Neil Winston

It's not the content of the post, guys, it's the posting of long passages of copyrighted material on this site without permission. That text _belongs_ to somebody just as your gun or car belongs to you. Just put up a link to it; that's all you have to do. Then the writer and advertisers get their fair income.

Neil

20. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Come ON guys, it ain't that hard....

DON'T lift the sit...just tinkle THROUGH the smaller opening. The alarm doesn't go off, and if'n you get a little on the seat, it's ok.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.