1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The last 5,000 shooters in Handicap @ Ohio

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Oct 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Someone asked the question of when there was 5,000 handicap shooters in Ohio, it was in Grand American Handicap in 1999 second largest was 4,669 in 1993.

Sparta has never come close to these years yet, not even 50% in Grand American Handicap.

GB
    DLS

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Of course the economy has nothing to do with it.

Who gives a crap??

Don

3. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

Don, the only "nothing" is what you bring to a thread.

Here was the taunt against the Dr.:

Subject: to 'LONGSHOT': a modest proposal
    Email:
    Date: Sun, Oct 16, 2011 - 10:58 PM ET
    Website Address:

When did Ohio have OVER 5000 shooters in a single handicap??????????????????????

Longshot answered. He's right, and your side is wrong. Don't try to spin your loss, like you always do. Just be a man and admit your side was wrong.

4. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

The Grand moved to Sparta in 2006.

What was going on (wrong) in Vandalia between 1993 and 2005 that 5,000 shooters was only attacted one time in 13 years? In fact, 5,000 shooters in a single handicap has only ever happened one time - so what was going on the other 80-something years in Vandalia.

If you are going to use a 5,000 shooter handicap as a yardstick, Vandalia didn't measure up either.

Scott

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Indy it would appear that you can't read either the original statement was.

"Lets have it in Ohio and call it a grand shoot. Like when we actually had over 5000 shooters on a handicap event."

The truth of that is it has never happened the ATA had 5000 not "OVER" 5000 in 1999. So "OVER" 5000 has never happened. Of course you having all this trap knowledge wouldn't know that, now would you?

That would also seem to prove that your statement wasn't correct either.

"Longshot answered. He's right, and your side is wrong. Don't try to spin your loss, like you always do. Just be a man and admit your side was wrong."

I don't see this as a case of who's side was right or wrong. This is a case of you and the Scumbag picking a fight. As usual you stick your nose where it doesn't belong and you come out looking like the interloper you are.

While we are at it I would like to see you answer Scott's question. You, not Scumbag and his Ohio partners.

Bob Lawless

6. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

Lawless, Longshot is trying to help trap and to save it from the destruction your generation inflicted and is inflicting on it.

He's actually trying to help the sport, and you're trying to tear it down. Pretty easy for me to find the scumbag in this equation.

If you want to claim you're helping, go ahead and tell us what your ideas are for making the game harder? None? Thought so. Get out of Longshot's way and quit driving trap into a fading memory.

7. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Indy..

Dr Longwind and I have butted heads over a lot of subjects.. I don't often agree with him or his ideas. The changing targets back to the 3 hole standard I do agree with him on.

The real point and issue has nothing to do with what we agree or disagree on..
    The real issue is that I can at least give Gary credit for doing something right or wrong. Also he is not afraid to post his name on what he thinks and says.. UNLIKE YOU !!

8. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

So a given target is better because someone posts their name?

Quit trolling.

9. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Guess we'll have to wait until 2099 and the second Centennial to be somewhat objective about this. I'll meet you all there (wherever it is). That number for 1993 is pretty impressive. I didn't make that one, but I was there in 1999 and Vandalia was pretty much overwhelmed. They had to shorten one of the handicaps to 50 targets. Wouldn't be surprised if some folks are still waiting to shoot the '99 GAH. ;-)

Ah, I love this sport!

10. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

1999 was the 100th anniversary and the ATA really wanted 1000 squads and 5000 shooters in the GAH. Rumor had it that anyone that didn't sign up to shoot was asked again and again until the magic number was reached. That's the story I heard while there and I was one of the 5000.

11. ivanhoe

"Longshot is trying to help trap and to save it from the destruction your generation inflicted and is inflicting on it."

That is a hoot "your generation" I'm in the same generation as Scumbag is I am sorry to say.

Help do what, Change American trap into something else. As you are trying to do. Control every aspect of ATA shooting in the name of transparency as Scumbag wants to do.

As far as what my ideas are I have given them many times on this site. All I am interested in doing is fixing what needs fixing. I am not interested in changing the the clubs abilities to govern their own business and set their own payouts. Unlike you and Scumbag are interested in doing. I have stated what I believe is a fix for the Handicap problems and if you think you are getting flack you should read some of those threads. I have paid for my opinions which BTW is all we have from you opinions. So Don't tell me I am in the way I sign every post my records are there for all to see. I am often taken to task for my records and my beliefs. So when you pay your dues and learn the game of American trap I might listen to what you have to say.

In his out line of changes he list them all and you agree with most and you haven't a clue of what you are agreeing to. As an example

"NEW RULE Any trapshooter who receives compensation for teaching the sport of Trapshooting will be classified Industry, or Professional.

-> A-freaking-men! Also have a bump-up based on money or tournaments won."

This is already being done in the handicap it only effects the average shooters not any of the big dogs they can't get a bump for any reason to anywhere. So what would be the point of your criticism just making a useless rule!!!!!!

Another is this gem.

"18 yds for women, jrs, and sub jrs. Once a male shooter attains his 18th birthday he moves to the 20 yard line unless he earned Ydge.

-> You seem to know what you're talking about on this. No dog in this fight."

What is the miracles change in an 18 year old shooter that requires 2 more yards. None thats what if he is shooting 18 yards already and he get older he get yardage??? You seem to feel Scumbag knows what he is talking about. Which I have to take the meaning that you don't or you would have asked yourself why the 2 yards were necessary But you have no dog in that fight.

The fact that you know little about what is going on in American trap is so obvious that you look ridiculous.

Of course you don't see it that way. Ask yourself a question why is everyone against your ideas and why are they asking you about your qualifications? Giving you any authority to make any kind of decision would be the same as the ATA committing suicide which is immediate and final

I know you will prove your ignorance by not even thinking about any of this. You only read what you agree with any way so I am wasting my time with you to try to make you understand that you can't become the leader of the movement by not identifying and proving yourself first. You however seem to feel you own no one an explanation and we are all supposed to take what you say as law. Well it doesn't work that way if you think it dose then you are a bigger idiot everyone thinks you are.

Just realized you don't identify yourself you preach all this change maybe your name is Obama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Lawless

12. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

What a shame we have nonparticipants calling members names and attacking their ideas.

Again Bob, I ask you to start your posts with the phrase "I am not a participant but I will attack you about how you want your sport to grow."

In the meantime such posters on forums are labeled as "trolls." I am only asking that you pre-label your posts so the members will understand it is a troll they are feeding.

Non participating posters are trolls...right Bob.

13. ivanhoe

Hey Joe tell the truth if the ATA had kept the Grand in Ohio you wouldn't have anything to say on here would you Joe????

Bob Lawless

14. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

You guys can argue this till Hell freezes over.

The Grand has been on decline as well as the sport of Trapshooting in general.

Unless the economy improves and sustains, it's not going to improve, regardless what changes are made.

Regards....Gerald

15. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

Bob,

Again you forgot to put a disclaimer in your post saying, "I am not a participant but I will attack you about how you want your sport to grow."

++++++PLEASE DONT FEED THE TROLLS+++++++++

16. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Joe you are in such a yank to out Bob who I believe has paid his dues for the year.

Put your creds out there for the world to see or shut the hell up. How do we even know you are a member let alone a shooter.

You could always start your threads "My name is Joe and I'm a rectum cavity" but here is my opinion.

What's fair is fair.

Don

17. Trapshooter1

Trapshooter1 Member

I was also there in 1999. It was so crowded you could not find a place to park. The traps were so close you got way too many over calls on the speakers. Someone on post 1,2,4,or 5 could set the targets off on the field next to them. The camping sucked and the lines were terrible. The bath rooms were horrible also.

18. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Don, best go easy on Joe. He actually started shooting again after a long layoff. We met and bonded at the Cardinal Center. He decided he'd like to master the art of professional ball breaking and signed up for lessons from me. Heck, ya gotta make a buck somehow and I'm gonna make a ton of 'em on this guy!!

19. Scootermac50

Scootermac50 Active Member

Is Indy Longshots alter ego?

20. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Which year was it they had the "holey" (yet unbroken) Remington targets laying in the community urinals? That was a hoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.