1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Kuhner 2013

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by joe kuhn, Mar 31, 2013.

1. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

No changes in the gun this year. Last year the slide under the bolt broke and had to be replaced. That's about it.

Joe

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Joe, I was very impressed by the speed with which you leapt from winding a couple of nails together and making your first electric motor just last fall to becoming a major player in Munich technology this winter.

Kuhn-Electro-tek-web_zpsd006ca75.jpg

I understand the raccoons are stuck in quarantine for a couple more months, but after that I'm sure they will be a big hit as your living-logos at trade fairs and even the Hofbrauhaus and Octoberfest!

Neil

3. archangel

archangel Member

Joe its good to see what you are up to. Hope to see you at St. Charles in the near future. mike

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Saw the Kuhner in action last week... Joe B DaMan...

Jay

5. joe kuhn

Neil and All,

Good one Neil. That's a company car for the Kuhn Electric Company in Germany. Not an electric car, although you had me looking.

Speaking of companies with 'Kuhn' in their name, old Joe Kuhn started Kuhn Implement years ago in France/Germany about 1828. See link above. Not sure we're related, but the relatives here in America always said we were from Alsace-Lorraine between France and Germany as shown on map. Shooter from St. Charles gave me a Kuhn Implement hat last year which was the first I'd heard of the company (this life time).

[​IMG]

Early prototype with 8 friends:

[​IMG]

6. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

Love it Joe! My dogs have asked me to tell you to bring your friends to the St Charles shoots so they can play together.

7. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Joe,

Thaty wepon is probably illegal in CA. Ill. Colorado and some other states, be careful when you travel?

8. spitter

I knew it.... Joe - the Kuhner is now banned at our range... you're getting a new moniker...

Felonius Kuhn...

jay

9. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

More Kuhn's? Jeff

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

RWT,

Not true. He lives in IL as do I. Nothing on Joe's shotgun is illegal in the State of IL.

11. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Sorry Matt,

Didn't realize you lived in one of the more gun freindly states.

Pistol grip,collapsable stock, night vision??? you guys have it made in IL.

12. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

RWT,

We far from have it made. Plenty of anti-gun pukes in this state. Fortunately in the southern part where I am at, it is very gun friendly. If you would lop off Chicago/Cook County, we would be all set.

13. spitter

Come on... Joe edged me out by a bird the other night... If I can hide the batteries that tomato stake goes in the garden...

14. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Matt

maybe work a trade in here somewhere, Cook for Alameda and LA counties. Just got to figure who gets the boot.

15. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Hey Matt, is Illinois getting close to drafting a carry law? June 8 is getting close. Has anybody heard what states, if any, will be reciprocal?

Wayne

16. spitter

RWT... we'll pay California to annex both Cook and St. Clair counties... Illinois will then run at a surplus, we can then oust Madigan, Quinn and every welfare promoter and anti-gunner.

Jay

17. joe kuhn

Up for further discussion as requested.

The main feature of the Kuhner is the low slung barrel. This gives my on gun eye a full view of the field right down to the top of the trap house from where ever I care to hold my eye. What I do is - I hold the gun even and look below the red reticle asking myself, where is that target? The peripheral vision downward from there is astounding.

Last gun I shot with a rib gave me fits. My off gun eye kept trying to help out, i.e., see around the barrel, but the problem is my brain would key off that wrong eye for the shot. Crossfiring is the more common term and it is no fun.

joekuhn_2008_030358.jpg

Here are the trophies I've won this year so far. The Crossfit plug is for the fitness club to which I attribute my higher performance levels in 2013.

joekuhn_2008_0303178.jpg

I tried all last year to break 100 straight with steel shot at the Naperville club. This year I did it second time out in the Spring.

joekuhn_2008_0303172.jpg

Here I am on the left with a fine replica Colt Peacemaker for shooting a 24 from 21 yards.

scottcalhoun_2008_030357.jpg

People used to make fun of me. Actually, they still do, but we have fun with it. Here I am testing Kuhner paraphernalia. The pouch is from Tex, the tails are courtesy of some brothers.

joekuhn_2008_0303177.jpg