1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

%%% The Infinity Ultra %%%

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

As always this is an example of DeVault Industries continuing commitment to design the very best features that we can. Our programmer Brian has been observing shooters coming in for custom fitting of stocks on other guns and sees the same problem for shooters with long necks wanting to shoot up-right and get their head in a better position. Pictured below is the latest in high tech, the Infinity Ultra. We fit a shooter today with this new set-up and then went to the range for a test run, The results were great, head up, great visability over the gun, and reduced recoil. The gun below is set up to shoot about 24" high but we can make any rib combination to make the Infinity shoot from 6" up to 28" high. This concept should cover any shooter and help them to acheive their desired results. The picture on the left is the new rib and the gun on the right is our current standard rib that is 3/4" high in the back sloped to 5/16" in the front. this setup gives a full pattern high format. The Infinity Ultra, from the most high teck gun builder today. Thank you for taking a look.

Dennis DeVault

<a href="http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u279/CKDeVault/?action=view&current=ribs2-1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u279/CKDeVault/?action=view&current=rib3.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. max trap

max trap Member

Dennis...tell Brian the broken target is a nice touch. Ed

3. Robb

Robb Member

Talk about a success story. When I first met Brian he was in a back corner of Dennis's shop sitting at a small card table wearing a coon skin hat. He had very basic tools. Hammer,vise grips,cresent wrench and a ball peen hammer. Beside him was a Hobart stick welder but I don't think Dennis had turned him loose with it yet. He was working on a CVA muzzleloader kit. Like the ones you get from Cabelas. He had one kit almost done and the work was a little rough,although almost as nice as the Spartan shotgun.

Fast foward four years. He now does work that you see above. Congrats Brian on the great work. Dennis has really made a gunmaker out of you. Four years ago I thought he was nuts but he stuck with you and it has really paid off.

Almost forgot. Brian, remember that the hammer goes on top of the gun. When you do your next kit.

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Those are not triggers mark!Jeff

5. Dennis DeVault

Mark,

I think you are referring to the barrel opening device on the bottom of the guns. The opener on the right is the new model that is wider and allows for the finger to have a larger area to open the gun. So far it has worked very well. If you look at our web site under the Inifinity shotgun page it is shown as a part of our standard gun. A better view of the opener is shown on the options page as well.

Dennis DeVault

6. Dennis DeVault

Robb,
    This is Bryan. You left out the loin cloth I was also wearing..... remember the look on your face when you asked and was granted permission to lift it up????
    When you coming back up here big guy?
    Bryan "elephant man" Gerber

7. Robb

Robb Member

Brian, You must really be Dennis's fair haired boy if he even let's you use his computer. You have really come a long way. I'm proud of you.

As far as "elephant man". That ain't what she said.

I'll see you at the state shoot. You will driving Dennis down won't you?

8. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Another great piece of work Dennis.

Mark Zauhar

9. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

Dennis, I gotta try this rib. Call me the new infinity is great, I really like this rib. Why didn't you tell me this was coming?
    Tom

10. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Dennis,

You and your staff do some wonderful work. Maybe one of these days I'll be able to afford one of you works of art!

ec90t

11. Robb

Robb Member

12. Dennis DeVault

Hi Tom,

I didn't know that we were going to do this until about 3 weeks ago. When I gat the ribs coated I will send you one out.

Dennis DeVault

13. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

WOW NICE WORK, I WILL ONE DAY OWN ONE OF YOUR GUNS, JUST BOUGHT NEW PERAZZI,I SHOOT ALL GAMES 32''OU PIPES. I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY SOMEONE WOULD BUY A SEITZ,LJUTIC,ALF,BOWEN,ETC. WHEN THESE MASTERPIECES ARE ON THE MARKET. JUST MY OPINION. WITH THESE SEEMS LIKE YOU GET ALOT MORE R AND D AND PEOPLE THAT CARE IF YOUR HAPPY. EVEN IF ITS A USED MACH ONE, ONE DAY

14. jdlovejoy4

jdlovejoy4 Active Member

Dennis the Rib looks great, keep on pushing the edge thats what people love. See you next week. Josh

15. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

Sean-I have to agree with you--It is not just the gun, Dennis won't sell you a gun that won't fit you, his innovation, design & craftsmanship is second to none--I know after I get my new Infinity in a few weeks---I'll be waiting for him to come out with an over & under for doubles----Hope Dennis posts a picture of my new gun it should have some uniqueness to it if Cindy can do some magic trick---Phil

16. Dennis DeVault

Hi John,

yes this will be an addition to the ribs that we already have for different POI's. We have two different designs at this time that will cover the POI from 10" to 24" in height. This rib is not for everyone, it was designed for the people that need to elevate the head and get in a more upright position. It is a tool for us to do a better job of fitting. I was talking to a coach that I have a great respect for and he asked me why a person lifts their head. I really didn't have a good answer. He then asked me to set in the chair and lift my eyes to the top of the sockets and hold that position for 30 seconds. I could not do that without experiencing great discomfort in my eyes. He then told me to do that 200 to 300 times a day by tilting your head down and lifing your eyes up. What do think the eyes do? As your eyes become tired, the head lifts to let the eyes roll into a comfortable position. Because this coach spent a great deal of time as a shooting instructor in the military and had access to a ton of research I have tried to listen to these words and do my own R&D to see if these concepts check out. For myself it is very comfortable for my eyes to be in a natural and netural position during shooting and have found that as my head has come up on the stock, my head stays down on the stock and that equates into better vision and higher scores.

Dennis DeVault

17. Dennis DeVault

Hi Gerry,

I would have to say yes, the weigh 1 to 1-1/2 lbs less than the MachOne and the trigger system has been completely changed. The opening device has been altered along with the forend iron. There is nothing wrong with the MachOne, the Infinity is just the result of 15 years of R&D, customer feedback and our continued commitment to build the very best shotgun that we can build.

Dennis DeVault

18. Robb

Robb Member

19. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

20. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Interesting option for long necked shooters like myself.

I did a little checking on my HoloSight gun and found that the center of the reticle (red circle) is 2-1/4 inches above the top of the barrel and 2 inches above the top of the comb. When you have this kind of height the barrel is completely out of the way. You can easily see down to the top of the house when holding the gun even. No barrel to look around at all and the reticle is straight out from you.

I look just over the house because targets have always been clear to me from there. I see it early, hard focus and move to smoke it. This has been working extremely well for me lately.

The other nice thing about a scope is you can take the rib and rib hangers off the gun. You have just a tube pointing out there much like the Remington 597. I find it very easy to ignore the barrel when it's set up this way. There's no bead and the bbl just blends in with the background. Focus on that target and move.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.