1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The idiots at PETA have lost their minds....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    http://www.wptz.com/news/17539127/detail.html<br>
    <br>
    PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk<br>
    <br>
    POSTED: 1:48 pm EDT September 23, 2008<br>
    UPDATED: 11:51 pm EDT September 23, 2008<br>
    <br>
    WATERBURY, Vt. -- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals sent a letter to Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, cofounders of Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., urging them to replace cow's milk they use in their ice cream products with human breast milk, according to a statement recently released by a PETA spokeswoman.<br>
    <br>
    "PETA's request comes in the wake of news reports that a Swiss restaurant owner will begin purchasing breast milk from nursing mothers and substituting breast milk for 75 percent of the cow's milk in the food he serves," the statement says.<br>
    <br>
    PETA officials say a move to human breast milk would lessen the suffering of dairy cows and their babies on factory farms and benefit human health.<br>
    <br>
    "The fact that human adults consume huge quantities of dairy products made from milk that was meant for a baby cow just doesn't make sense," says PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman. "Everyone knows that 'the breast is best,' so Ben & Jerry's could do consumers and cows a big favor by making the switch to breast milk."<br>
    <br>
    "We applaud PETA's novel approach to bringing attention to an issue, but we believe a mother's milk is best used for her child," said a spokesperson for Ben and Jerry's.<br>
    <br>
    Read PETA's letter to Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield<br>
    <br>
    September 23, 2008<br>
    <br>
    Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, Cofounders<br>
    <br>
    Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc.<br>
    <br>
    Dear Mr. Cohen and Mr. Greenfield,<br>
    <br>
    On behalf of PETA and our more than 2 million members and supporters, I'd like to bring your attention to an innovative new idea from Switzerland that would bring a unique twist to Ben and Jerry's.<br>
    <br>
    Storchen restaurant is set to unveil a menu that includes soups, stews, and sauces made with at least 75 percent breast milk procured from human donors who are paid in exchange for their milk. If Ben and Jerry's replaced the cow's milk in its ice cream with breast milk, your customers-and cows-would reap the benefits.<br>
    <br>
    Using cow's milk for your ice cream is a hazard to your customer's health. Dairy products have been linked to juvenile diabetes, allergies, constipation, obesity, and prostate and ovarian cancer. The late Dr. Benjamin Spock, America's leading authority on child care, spoke out against feeding cow's milk to children, saying it may play a role in anemia, allergies, and juvenile diabetes and in the long term, will set kids up for obesity and heart disease-America's number one cause of death.<br>
    <br>
    Animals will also benefit from the switch to breast milk. Like all mammals, cows only produce milk during and after pregnancy, so to be able to constantly milk them, cows are forcefully impregnated every nine months. After several years of living in filthy conditions and being forced to produce 10 times more milk than they would naturally, their exhausted bodies are turned into hamburgers or ground up for soup.<br>
    <br>
    And of course, the veal industry could not survive without the dairy industry. Because male calves can't produce milk, dairy farmers take them from their mothers immediately after birth and sell them to veal farms, where they endure 14 to17 weeks of torment chained inside a crate so small that they can't even turn around.<br>
    <br>
    The breast is best! Won't you give cows and their babies a break and our health a boost by switching from cow's milk to breast milk in Ben and Jerry's ice cream? Thank you for your consideration.<br>
    <br>
    Sincerely,<br>
    <br>
    Tracy Reiman<br>
    <br>
    Executive Vice President

2. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The hamburger and soup sounds good ... and I like veal. Do they expect dairy cows to live in beach front condos? They are farm animals after all.

I like the story (true) of the two PETA protesters in England who were protesting the treatment of hogs at a processing plant. These two morons got into the pen with a lot of LARGE nasty hogs who proceeded to kill them and eat them! Hogs 2, PETA 0.

Stupidity is boundless...

Bob Schultz

3. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

where do you send resume? i have SOME experience in milking teets rick

4. M-16

M-16 TS Member

At least the farm I worked on as a kid. They couldn't /didn't sell a cows milk when it had young do to there is stuff in it just for the calf/s. Do not remember how long, but remember milking them last so it did not get into the milk that was sold. Stupidity is bliss and their in heaven

5. JH

JH Well-Known Member

PETA ENDORSES OBAMA/BIDEN!

PUTIN ENDORSES OBAMA/BIDEN

IRAN ENDORSES OBAMA/BIDEN

HOLLYWOOD ENDORSES OBAMA/BIDEN

THE MEDIA ENDORSES OBAMA/BIDEN

VOTE MCCAIN/PALIN!

6. valmet

valmet TS Supporters TS Supporters

M-16, you are right on. when a cow has her calf, the milk you refer to is called colostrom (sp)and has much nutrients and stuff that the calf needs to get it started and healthy.it took about a wk. for the milk to clear before we could keep it to sell. during that time you fed it to the calf with a "tit" pail or taught it to drink by itself with "fingers" from a pail. we did this on our dairy farm in the 60's & 70's but i'm sure things have changed since then. Dennis

7. claybustin hoosier 52

claybustin hoosier 52 Member

Didn't know anyone from PETA ever had a mind.

John

8. nipper

nipper TS Member

p-people e-eating t-tasty a-animals

bill

9. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

These people are morons... Don't they realize that human milk has almost no fat in it... Ice CREAM is made from cream which is fat... Not to mention a high milking human couldn't keep up with their own family milk let alone commercial quantities... My God, I thought the left was educated....

LWL

10. leadhead358

leadhead358 Member

What a dark image millions of sagging tatas. On the other hand it would boost our economy in the silicon industry.

11. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

The species Homo Sapiens is an animal and there certainly has to be an ethics problem with mis-using milk produced exclusively for developing infants in an attempt to make nasty ice cream for adult humans. So really PETA is contradicting their mission statement here. Oh well, its not like they have any credibility anyway.

12. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Ever notice how PETA people love to spit on old ladies wearing fur....but avoid doing the same to bikers wearing leathers?

13. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

And the next time you watch that viper Bill Maher spew his venom, remember, HE'S ON THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF PETA!

14. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

These are the same people who went after the fishing bait industry...don't forget worms have rights too !! aye yi yi !!!....Uncle Sam, Pa.

15. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I would like to get a copy of the charter for PETA. I suspect that an orginization with only 2milion members could be taken over if every member of the NRA Around 4 million joind PETA. Then we could vote for what we wanted and keep their huge bank accounts.
    joe

16. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

gun fitter, I see you would be an effective business man. I like the way that you think. :)

17. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I take their message to heart, but hating middlemen like Ben and Jerry, I would rather get my breast milk at the source.

HM

18. Finprof

Finprof TS Member

The idots at PETA have really lost their minds. Ben and Jerry have no ownership in the ice cream company and nothing to do with it, except taht it still carries their names. It is owned by Unilever, a Dutch food and personal prodcuts company. The acquisition was completed in 2000.

19. Skeeix

Skeeix TS Member

Are there not a lot more lactating cows than lactating humans at any given time? Let's see, at that rate, a pint of "mama's milk" ice cream should cost $740.00. As they say, PETA people haven't lost their minds, they collectively don't even have one amongst themselves.

20. hunter870

hunter870 Member

I'm approaching retirement age and have been considering what my next career should be. I wonder if my wife will let me start dairy farming...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.