1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The head of the American Legion needs to be fired

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by g7777777, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

The "leader" of the American Legion was on Fox today, Saturday, April 25th, and talked about how he accepted the apology of the Secretary of Homeland Security for singling veterans out as possible terrorists.

He looked like a politician or someone hoping for an appointment to the administration. Never once did he state the Secretary admitted the memo was wrong or that it hadn’t been based on scientific evidence. He stated that the Secretary apologized for early release of the memo.

This guy needs to go- he doesn’t have the authority to accept the apology- veterans don’t and he wasn’t bright enough to realize that she didn’t apologize for the memo’s accuracy- only its early release.
    This isn’t George Orwell’s version of the world (where everyone is monitored).

We know that the vast majority of service members have not voted for a Democratic Presidential candidate for at least 30 years. That isn’t a crime and Veteran’s aren’t terrorists, nor will they become terrorists.

The author of that memo and his supervisory chain need to be identified and they need to be fired also, but only the administration can do that

I would encourage those of you that are Veterans to write in and demand the head of the American Legion leave or be removed and further that hearings be conducted on the memo itself.

Pass this email on if you believe as I do that Veterans form the foundation of America and are a group that have formed that foundation with their blood, sweat, and tears.

Regards from Iowa
    Gene

2. g7777777

So what does everyone else think?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

3. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Gene,

I am a vet, but not a member of the Am Legion. So, while I agree Janet hasn't apologized (nor is she repentant), I have no say in who is the head of the Am Legion.

He will be judged by his membership.

HBT

4. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

Who cares what the American Legion does, there is only one Veterans group, and that being Veterans of Foreign Wars....note "Foreign Wars"...the only Vets that are not are long gone (War Between the States)...recharge the flamethrowers....Grubby

5. RAScott

RAScott Member

I am not a vet, and I did see the interview, he was a sell out in my honest oppion. I was upset and I am not a vet but, I am American And Still Damn proud of this country, and ALL of its veterans.

Bob S

6. g7777777

I am not a member either- I belong to the VFW-- I probably should be a member of the American legion.

The problem is a lot of Americans think the American legion is the main Veterans organization-

Regardless of the above = he was the one that Fox interviewed- he might have even volunteered for that

He shouldnt have been accepting empty apologies on behalf of Veterans - he should have been asking for corrections and people being held accountable for their actions-- identified if needed and punished if needed

Gene

7. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Rebel,

Thank you for your service.

Jon Reitz

8. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I'm a vet, and I don't belong to any organization. I saw the interview, it was a political cop-out. I have no call on what to do with the head of the AL though since as I said, I'm not a member. As an American and a vet, I'm appalled.

9. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

there are more mentaly ill vets than any group of people . look at Mcvey that blowed up OK fed building. You look at the nuts and many are vets. It is a fact rick

10. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Ricks1, I don't wish to offend but your facts and figures are way off. The percentage of vets with mental disease is significantly less than the general population. these figures are readily available from Fed's own web sites and from sites dealing with mental illness. McVey was not mentally ill, he was an evil, mean individual looking to make a name for himself. To link him with vets at all is a sin, pure and simple. Please be careful and check your facts before smearing a whole group like that. Especially vets.
    R j Talley

11. g7777777

Remember this thread? She might end up on the Supreme Court-- is she cant manage memos and cant get rid of people that made those assertions against Veterans- how exactly do you think she is going to have the ability to view the legal framework of our nation?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.