1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

The Hatfield and McCoy Feud

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by WesleyB, May 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WesleyB

WesleyB Active Member

Anyone watching it for 3 nights ? On History channel
  2. cbxchris

cbxchris Member

My wife is from Logan WV. Her great great grandfather was in the Logan Wildcats of the confederate army. This feud had its origins in the civil war. Hatfield's were confederate......McCoy's of Kentucky, union. As we visit we often go by the Hatfield family cemetery. I often had given my wife grief of being from a family of union sympathizers. She researched her family history to prove me wrong. My great great grandfather was killed at Sharpsburg. We are both proud of our stars and bars heritage.
  3. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I watched it for a little while, maybe 30 minute. Doubt if I watch tomorrow.

I have ridden the "Hatfield & McCoy ATV Trails" in WV. They were more interesting than the show appears.
  4. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Active Member

I watched it till I started to get tired. I have to get up at 5:00am. I did go to Netflix and now have the show saved.

I didn't think it was to bad but we are just getting into the show.
  5. avery53

avery53 Member

Show got much better the last hour.
  6. shot410ga

shot410ga TS Member

I thought it was interesting. I had heard the story about the hog. but not the rest of the issues. It's not a feature film, just history. And a hell of a lot better than Fat Pawn Stars, Swamp Jerks, or Pickers fools.
  7. yakimaman

yakimaman Active Member

I was looking forward to it despite Costner being in it... hardly made it through the first 20 minutes. Terrible acting - really bad costuming (fake beards that reallly, really look fake) and many firearms discrepancies. Won't be watching any more. (and Costner was as bad as I feared he would be)
  8. stokinpls

stokinpls Active Member

What was the show-to-commercial minutes ratio?
  9. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Wasn't very good. Turned it off within the first 45 minutes
  10. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Active Member

I am hard hearing, so just like all movies, they played silly music in the background, and I couldn't hear the words.

But......The commercials were plenty loud and plenty frequent.

Acting was so-so.
  11. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

At best it was offensive!

Curt

FEAB9
  12. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Active Member

The first hour really drug along. Second hour was a little bit better. Going to have a tough time making it through 6 hours.
  13. 682LINY

682LINY Member

made it trough 25 minutes,, dont think I will be back
  14. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

I enjoyed it, but I wasn't spending the whole time thinking about ways to bitch about it.
  15. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Active Member

And your point is Galt?
  16. blade819

blade819 Active Member

Filmed outside LA !

blade819
  17. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Active Member

Curt. I dont mean to be crtical of your comment but I am interested to know why you feel it was at best offensive?? I have always enjoyed your posts but this one puzzles me? I did not find it offensive. It simply brought back memories of how life used to be in the hills. I did not enjoy the first night but I thought last night was much better. I spent a lot of time in the mountains of Virginia, Kentucky, Tenn & Arkansas and this movie pretty well depicts life as it was well into the 60's
  18. Tron

Tron Active Member

Yeah, I've been watching it and it's pretty interesting. It's kind of like when I was watching "Roots" back in the late 70's. After that show, I hated white people....now, I really dislike confederates.
  19. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

I think I've been reliving the REAL "Hatfield & McCoyd" with my neighbors for the last 34 years. Countless police calls, numerous township complaints, 5 court cases.
    Complaints to the township, such as, I have to many Dandelion in my yard and it's spreading or I have surveillance cameras mounted on my house and one is pointed their way. I've won all cases thus far if you want to say hiring a lawyer to go to court winning. One more silly move and I file harassment. But, no body broke out the guns yet.....hehehe!
    Altho' I was told that the wife took the .22 into the garage, locked herself in the car to committ suicide but didn't no how to load it. Pity!
  20. 391 shooter

391 shooter Active Member

I recorded it on the DVR and shoot through the commercials. Only way to see one of these type shows, I will never sit through a show with commercials again as long as DVR available.

The story is interesting, but, so far, it looks like the whole thing could be done in 90 minutes.

Costner still is a terrible actor, Paxton is even worse, always have been. But I will finish it tommorrow.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.