1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Hateful LIBERAL MEDIA

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Juno, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juno

Juno TS Member

It's hard for someone to see when they've poked out their eyes.

2. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

ABC started their 6:00 news with 3 negative stories on Palin, and really pushed the pregnant daughter thing. The media is getting rediculously one sided on this election. Did you see any negative crap about Biden when he was named VP pick? There's 30 years of dirt on him.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The Dems DARE to be judgemental about ALCOHOL?<br>
    <br>
    Then why do they keep voting for a DRUNK SENATOR who committed MANSLAUGHTER?<br>
    <br>

4. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

So the Palins are bringing in the kid's father to appear on stage tomorrow night as part of the family. These are real Alaskans, folks and you best not fool with them with a limp wrist and a whiny voice. You're talking about a guy who can ride a snowmobile for 2,000 miles and has a wife that is tougher than he is.

The libs heads are exploding and the media's hair is on fire. I love watching the libs and the media getting bent over and just plain wore out.

5. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

I agree. The media is way out of hand on covering the pregnancy thing on Palin's daughter.

I understand the point that Palin is running on social conservative credentials--courting the evangelical vote--and that the fact that her 17 year old daughter got pregnant out of wedlock is counter to those credentials, but the media needs to lay off. We get it.

Walker

6. Juno

Juno TS Member

Cap, JB, please tell me. Where are these guys coming from?

7. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Wdr-NY,

No, you don't get it. A rich liberal would have made a beeline to the nearest abortion clinic, sought therapy for her daughter and found a sex-addiction counselor for the boyfriend while listening to Barbra Streisand in their Lexus.

A poor liberal would have made a beeline to the nearest Welfare Office to determine what FREE MONEY was available to make sure OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY pay for the child. And then, gone shopping for a big screen plasma television.

A conservative, on the other hand, values life and will not abort the child. Takes full financial responsibility and seeks to have the biological father join in raising the child.

Liberal weasels.....you just don't get it!

8. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

Bangalore,
    The rich liberal would have skipped the sex-addiction counselor for the one-night-stand guy (not the boyfriend as is being reported)... mainly because sex-addiction is driven by the evangelical right as a way to explain abominations like promiscuity and homosexuality (GASP!). The rich liberal would also have been listening to Missy Higgins in their Toyota Prius Hybrid (Barbara and the Lexus was so 1990's).

I think you are clearly cynical to think that average Americans who align themselves with the Democrats sit around thinking of news ways to get "free money" to pay for their problems.

I think you are delusional if you really believe that the conservative takes the morally sound road while fitting the bill all on their own while warmly embracing the hockey jock who bent their daughter over the hood of his 2008 Escalade.

There's a big difference between perception and reality--and sometimes one simply needs to have the ability to read and write in order to discern it.

Walker

9. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

did you hear what Palin's husband said when asked about it? He said well she is going to grow up faster then we planned. rick

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The Media's left tilt is at an even steeper angle these days. They are doing their best to get Obama elected, for what ever their reason may be.

Any impartiality is strictly lip service to the concept.

And the only way it will ever stop is to hit their pocketbook. I mean let their sponsors know you will not buy any of their products as long as they support _________________(insert your bitch here).

It has always been this way but lately it's worse. NBC is in deep poo poo, their CEO has mangled a once great voice into a hateful snarl. Kieth Olbermann is just about the worst asshole I have ever see that purports to comment on the news.

Now that we mention it I believe I will fire up emails any time I see tilted coverage, and/or lack of coverage which lends to bias by omission.

To the sponsors not to the network. If it's in print media, once again to the people that give them the money they need to stay alive.

HM

11. karbyen

karbyen TS Member

I feel that NBC has become one of, if not the worst, news reporting station on TV. (far far Left) Yesterday on the Today Show, Matt gets all over the unwed mother- story, then he turns it over to Meredith and she starts it all over again. Al just reports the weather. It was very upsetting to see these grown ups condemming a 17 year old girl for something that happens every single day to a lot of family's (including mine) and produces some of the greatest kids on earth. Now, I try to send an email to NBC News telling them of my feelings for them and ect. and it kicks back, undeliverable. My question is--what different {Email Addresses} have you folks used for the media and also for different advertisers to express your feelings???

12. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Chuck Westerheide
    Assistant News Director
    (212)664-4444
    chuck.westerheide@nbcuni.com

Anjum Rahman
    Assistant to the Executive Producer and Director
    (212)664-4444
    anjum.rahman@nbc.com

NBC Universal
    30 Rockeefeller Plaza
    New York, NY 10112

These contacts are a couple of years old. We put together some Ku Band converters for a few of their mobile satellite vans, and I had asked for them back then. If they don't work, let me know so that I can throw the business cards away. Thanks.

13. Bulldog50

Bulldog50 TS Member

I say let the media keep up with their attacks. The American people are not as stupid as they think we are. When Americans are told what to do by some elitist power, they tend to dig in their heels, and push back forcefully. If they keep attacking, they will piss off the 40 something hockey/soccer/moms, and THEN there will be hell to pay.

14. EDGARMCM

EDGARMCM TS Member

Have you seen them say anything about the son being deployed to Irag? What a bunch of idiots.

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I guess when you have a daughter thats the chance you take and somehow you deal with it, if it happens ... I have a daughter who just happened to come up pregnant and was growing up faster than I thought also ... I could of killed her, killed her boyfriend, and in doing so killed the kid (my Grand daughter) but what good would it of done, besides that you'd miss all of the hugs ..? In reality thing will usally work out for the best and life goes on ... Its truly a shame that those in the public eye are held to different standards than the rest of us are especially when it comes to Politics ... Personally, I think having a hot looking "Grand Mother" on the ticket is a huge plus and its increases her creditability in my eyes ... Most Politicians find fault with opponants that they themself are effected and influenced by but they make excuses for them when it comes to themself, and thats supposed to make them alright ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

16. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Cause she has Obama AND Biden as well as McCain beat on the experience issue. She has actually done something like operate a government rather than vote on a board along with 99 other board members. I would love someone with her direction as president.

17. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I,m going to miss the Liberal Left Wing poop heads after the election . We are so lucky they come in all sizes . We have the real slow 2str8 and the pompous know-it-all Walker and some in the middle .

What do they do between elections ??

ALF

18. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

and we also hear from the Mass. congressman Barney Fwank....preaching from a guy who had a queer Boyfriend nicknamed "hotbottom" who was running a gay prostitution ring from BF's house....

WASHINGTON - Rep. Barney Frank is among the first Democrats to publicly say Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin’s family background, including the pregnancy of her unwed teenage daughter, should be fair game for campaign discussion.

"They’re the ones that made an issue of her family," Frank, D-Mass., said Tuesday in a telephone interview with The Associated Press.

Republicans stressed Palin’s conservative family values in announcing her selection as John McCain’s running mate on Friday. Frank says the recent disclosure about her daughter blunts conservative claims that liberalism harms family life.

"Apparently she’s a great favorite with the conservative social movement," Frank said. "They have said that it’s liberalism and liberals who have undermined families — same-sex marriage has been a problem, they don’t want gay people to adopt ... This helps undercut those arguments."

Revelations about Palin’s 17-year-old daughter’s out-of-wedlock pregnancy and other family troubles reflect the stresses and strains of modern everyday life more than anything else, said Frank.

"Well, hers is a family in great turmoil," added Frank. "She fired the state police commissioner because he wouldn’t fire her sister’s ex-husband. She has a daughter who became pregnant. That’s not her fault."

The Alaska governor faces accusations of firing public safety commissioner Walt Monegan because he would not fire her former brother-in-law as a state trooper, in what amounts to a messy Palin family drama dating to her pre-gubernatorial days.

In addition, the McCain campaign also disclosed that Palin’s husband, Todd, then age 22, was arrested in 1986 in Alaska for driving under the influence of alcohol.

The campaign of Democratic presidential nominee has strictly avoided any comment on issues related to Palin’s family, specifically anything focused on her daughter’s out-of wedlock pregnancy.

"I think people’s families are off limits and people’s children are especially off limits," Obama said Monday.

Frank, one of two openly gay members of Congress and a prominent voice on gay rights, has himself faced political pressures relating to private life. In 1990, he was reprimanded by the House for using his influence on behalf of a male prostitute. Shortly afterward, Frank told a constituents’ meeting he did not handle the pressures of being a closeted gay man in public life. He has won re-election ever since.

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Reading about Biden's family should clog a few vocal cords.'

HM

20. BMC

BMC Member

Someone on here is wiser than most.

The reality is....mainstream voting American is smarter than most think, and usually impossible to "figure out". The media can only feed the Libs and Teenagers lines of dirty pool. The rest of the people, usually the unspoken, know better. My son and daughter came when their mother and I werent' married. My 17 year old daughter has a son. Like WPT, I was fit to be tied. But now I have the most wonderful grandson that is just a sheer joy. A large majority of people I know got married because the wife got knocked up. It happens every day in this country (irregardless of it being right or wrong). People make mistakes. And the voting public will probably surprise the Dems when with their voting power devulge they really didn't give a crap about their attacks. The issues at hand now with Palin's family only further establishes her as a person who has to deal with the same things that us common folk have to deal with. She knows our pain, knows our frustration and how we deal with it. I reckon none of the other three have that experience either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.