1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The greatest danger to shooting

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by g7777777, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Really I am surprised they haven't done the end run yet

Regardless of how you feel about all that is going on the most basic danger to shooting is a huge tax on lead

That would put recreational shooting out of the cost range for discretionary income for most

Now it would snowball because even if you only eliminate 50 percent of the shooters initially the production of lower quantities of ammunition in the US at least becomes much more expensive as you pay for equipment and people not producing

It is like why 410s cost more than double 12 gauge

So then ammo would jump in price again and btw probably china would be importing all ammo or shared with other nations

Something to watch and think about

Regards from Iowa

Gene

2. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

There are already taxes and regulations on firearms and ammo. Any increase in the taxes would have to go through congress. What specific reason would there be to add more tax on ammo and burden the consumer?

Wayne

3. g7777777

ahhhhh

it would not be on ammo

just on lead

and of course any safety or security reason trumps effect on interstate or local commerce

nasty to the environment lead--- trillions in cleanup costs

Regards from Iowa

Gene

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Just do what NY is in the process of setting up.

A background check required on ALL ammo purchases.

A single box or 10 cases, background check required. Does not matter if .22 ammo, shotgun shells, or .50 cal.

Need a box of shells for deer hunting? Background check required!

Mail order will be against the law. All purchases must be face to face.

Passed into law. Suppose to be up and running in 2014.

You think at times a background check is slow when purchasing a shotgun, wait until they also need to run one on each purchase of shells!

What retailer is going to run a background check for every single sale of a box of ammo? Think of the 1000's of sales taking place throughout the state during hunting season. The system will have a hard time keeping up, many delays, maybe days.

Many stores will just drop selling ammo, those who do sell ammo are going to make you pay as an extra clerk or two will need to be hired to run the checks.

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Maybe you New York people should protest with your feet and business's. I heard on the news this morning that over 100,000+ people moved out of California last year, and 500 California companies have moved just to Texas. There are other and better places to live.

So, either get to protesting or get to walking. I walked out of California, and took my money with me. There were to many liberal fools to protest against.

6. Beni

Beni Member

We are protesting and trying to make a stand. Maybe people like you could also make a stand, cant run forever........ beni

7. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Liberal Democrats are the enemies of your guns, ammo & shooting sports. BT100dc

8. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

Gene,

Are you a commie?

9. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

"The two enemy's of firearms, Politicians and Rust!"

On a sign my wife got me for a Christmas present, Says it ALL!!

10. Garry

Garry Active Member

Apathy by gun owners and those who support the 2nd amendment.

11. dougp

dougp TS Member

Well Gene guys with big mouths like you will have the IRS now looking at taxing lead. Button up for a change . Don,t you think some beauracrat might be reading this stuff ( and will maybe read my comment ) . Once said, a guy with a big mouth eats elephant,s nuts

12. g7777777

Not the IRS

The EPA

If I have thought of it- they have thought of it = there are a lot of people in government

Be prepared to act-- have letters prepared for your representatives--phone numbers--- etc

Regards from Iowa

Gene

13. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

My only regret is that I don't live in New York so I could leave. I emailed the New York State Dept. of Tourism and told them I won't be visiting New York until they quit harassing gun owners. BT100dc

14. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

GN7777777,

The reason there won't be a huge tax increase on lead IMHO;

Think CAR BATTERIES; everyone has lead. Double the price to about 200-300 and no one could afford to replace one.

Think MEDICAL AND DENTAL XRAYS; everyone uses lead; No lead equals residual radiation. for women that means lots of birth defects, and for men lots of cases of testicular cancer.

I could come up with more reasons but this should make you get the picture.

Chuck

15. ImpalaBob

ImpalaBob Member

I'm still waiting for some State to leave the Union! I'll move there!!

16. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Excessive tax not only has the potential of hurting shooting but everything in our society. Imagine if were taxed too high how it would negatively effect our economy..........................Oh wait a minute I guess I'm too late with that thought!!

17. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Look what it did to cigarettes, and alcohol!

18. Skeeterzx

Skeeterzx Member

I don't agree with everything Gene says all of the time, but he has it right this time. As for batteries....they'll just phase out lead and make you buy lithium $$$$. As for X-rays, they'll just phase that out and make to have an MRI $$$. Throw your lead sinkers and weights away and now you have to buy tungsten $$$. Clearly our government could care less what you can afford or not.

Ammo ond/or ammo components just happens to be the gun owner's achellie's heel. Show me any legal right you have that 'protects' your ability to purchase or load ammo.....

19. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Chuckie... exact same sentiments...

Jay

20. Skeeterzx

Skeeterzx Member

As my Mother used to say.....'hide and watch'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.