1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The GREATEST Clay Target Shooting Sport

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mr Newbius©, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

SKEET

Yep, thats right skeet. Pink skirts or not it is the greatest clay target shooting sport in the great USofA!

2. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

The GREATEST Clay Target Shooting Sport is the one that you enjoy the most! Each has it's own special appeal. I like any Clay Target Sport that requires the use of a shotgun!

3. Trap4

Trap4 Member

Don't know if Skeet is the greatest--but of all the shooting disiplines it is the Easiest.

Trap-4

4. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Well, I don't know about easy.

But of all the games it is the only one where the targets presentation is predictable - don't know if that makes it easy. I love shooting skeet, great game and it requires good gun handling skills and teaches solid fundamentals.

If you want to see skeet made difficult try the international version some time - that will make you a believer in a hurry.

5. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

SKEET

Yep, thats right skeet. Pink skirts or not it is the greatest clay target shooting sport in the great USofA!

6. hunter44

The GREATEST Clay Target Shooting Sport is the one that you enjoy the most! Each has it's own special appeal. I like any Clay Target Sport that requires the use of a shotgun!

7. Trap4

Trap4 Member

Don't know if Skeet is the greatest--but of all the shooting disiplines it is the Easiest.

Trap-4

8. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Well, I don't know about easy.

But of all the games it is the only one where the targets presentation is predictable - don't know if that makes it easy. I love shooting skeet, great game and it requires good gun handling skills and teaches solid fundamentals.

If you want to see skeet made difficult try the international version some time - that will make you a believer in a hurry.

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Mr Newbius©: Once again, Your full of CRAP.

10. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Earl, are you stalking me? This is the 3rd or 4th time you have followed up something I have said with that statement. This something that is far beneath a person of your caliber.

11. Trap4

Trap4 Member

ffwildcat, have never heard of international skeet, how is it done?

Trap-4

12. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Jerbear, hard to argue with that;however the best clay target sport is the one that the shooter enjoys the most.

13. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I like sporting clays the best. I enjoy trap and skeet the equally. If OSAMA-OBAMA-HUSAIN gets elected with a solid majority in the Congress after they stack the courts we won't get to shoot anything except left over BB guns in the back yard.

14. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Sporting Clays, different targets at every station and at different clubs = most exciting.

Trap, different angles at every post, same at all clubs.

Skeet, different angles at every post, same at all clubs.

Really nice folks shoot them all.

At my age, different and exciting wins my vote.

GOOD LUCK

15. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

They're all good......however:

Trap represents the most difficult due to the exacting amount of concentration and hand and eye control needed to succeed (Class AA and above).

Once shooter's realize they cannot compete in trapshooting, they gravitate to sporting clays (it offers a multitude of built in excuses for ineptitude)... plus they get to socialize with their boyfriends.

Once a shooter realizes they cannot compete in sporting clays and have used up all the excuses for their dismal scores, they move on to skeet.

Skeet offers the shooter's that have marginal skills the opportunity to break alot of targets (because they are easy...duh!!) and pat they boyfriends on the behind in public without being criticized by real men!

So, the bottom line is; Trap is for competition by competitive shooters, the other games are just that...games for the inept!

Now...everybody have a nice day!

Curt

16. hunter44

Well Curt, since you seem to be such an authority just how well do you do with the other Clay Shooting Sports? You must be master class in all of them!

17. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

'cmon Curt, you can do better than that!

Try running your downriggers at 18 to 20 feet with a white tailed spinner; rattlers optional.

18. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Darn it Gold E...you busted me!! Quick too!!

Curt

19. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

I agree with Shady Creek for the most part. I would add, though, that skeet has different "predictable" angles at every post while trap has different "unpredictable" angles at every post.

Here are a couple observations. Trap targets are mostly going away and skeet targets are mostly crossing. If you have problems with hard lefts on 1 and hard rights on 5, you probably don't like skeet. However, I've found that shooting skeet with my friends is perfect practice for that hard lefts and rights in trap.

Likewise, sporting clays teaches you to follow the bird no matter where it goes, which helps with windy days where they bird doesn't always go where you expect it to.

Bottom line? Compete in your favorite game, but shoot them all, and learn from them all!

20. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Lets try Trap with all four gauges and 16 yards, Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.