1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**** The Great Trapshooting RIPOFF ****

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by crotchetyoldgrouch, Feb 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crotchetyoldgrouch

crotchetyoldgrouch TS Member

Whatever trips your switch,palamino!!!

2. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

what kind of gun is it, and what do you want for it?

brett d.

3. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Kevin,.....don't forget....we're all volunteers !!!.........Uncle Sam, Pa.

4. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Kevin,

That would make a good stand-up routine, but your audience would be too small at each venue.

The adjustable butt plate one is the best. I bought a slip on Limbsaver for my 870TB, which has the Remington pad on it. The LOP is short, so I put the pad on over it. Feels too long now. I take it off and shoot, the gun feels great. I miss a couple, put it back on, the gun feels awkward, but I hit a streak. Then I miss a couple, must be the pad, I take it off.

Don't worry about the cash you've gone thru tho, you'd have just frittered it away on ammo, range fees, and the like.

Danny

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Kev,

Did you try changing the stock bolt to the new and improved heavy weight adjustable model, this may of cured most of the other problems you were looking to find a cure for from what I am reading ... Good Luck in the future ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Big Kevin- We all fall into a pit thinking that we can spend money on our guns and that will make up for us not keeping our head into the gun and our mind focused on the bird.

Pat Ireland

7. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Those clinics at 2 to 3 hundred a pop are looking pretty cheap now aren't they. I'd keep the adjustable comb though, It will come in handy. John

8. Augie Daddi

Augie Daddi TS Member

Big Kevin, you've got to keep trying if you still have the Perazzi;

Add a Precision trigger

Try a PFS stock

If pull doesn't do it...go to release

Don't forget the Perazzi decals for your barrel or/and receiver.

A few of us stay close to the original and keep practicing. Others keep modifying in lieu of practice.

It's your call

Augie

9. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

The Great Trapshooting Ripoff..........Hell, I opened this thread up expecting it to be about my good buddy, Shootlow. I thought maybe someone had caught up to him finally........lol

Kevin, you did forget to try one thing.........You're supposed to put the shell in so that you can read it, and everything will line up just right.

Otherwise, all those other things you tried are for naught.....Sorry.....Hauxfan!

10. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Purple for low light conditions????!!!!!! Was the guy that told you that one of the ones that you used to beat?

11. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Kevin,

Do yourself a favor and sell that P-Gun for whatever you can get and go to that 682 Gold E combo.

But if you think you're really getting ripped....sell all your guns and buy a boat....then let reality set in!

Curt - Delaware

12. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Funny post, I guess we have all been there at one time or another. My problem is I have 7 trap guns and I can't decide which one to shoot. Sometimes shoot 4 of them in one day. LOL FD

13. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski TS Member

"Most of my life I've spent money on fast cars, faster women, and guns. All the rest I've just frittered away......

14. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

It's no wonder you had so many problems guy!! All that and NO PERAZZI BLINDERS ?, criminal act there guy! :)

Your post was truly a laugh a line and we enjoyed the truth you spoke. Wanna borrow my ol mod.12 with no rib for a bit, no center bead though? Hap

15. JoeBerg

JoeBerg TS Member

Put a PFS on the back end of that Beretta 682 Combo, and I bet you will be well on your way to making progress. You might consider getting the unsingle barrel from Joel Etchen.

16. mrjim22

mrjim22 Member

Trap shooting is so much like golf.

At one time I played alot of golf. Actually, spent one season as a single digit handicapper. During those years I spent alot of money on every availible training tool, putter, driver, glove ect., ect. Trying to get back to my best form, I was fitted for a measured set of clubs. (Just like getting your trap gun fitted for YOU.) I never bought another gimmeck again. Nothing from TV infomercials, not a new improved golf ball. Nothing... What I did do, was save that money and took lessons and did the unthinkable. I practiced. Going to different golf schools I was exposed to instructors that taught the up and comers on the various tours. At one school (Arnold Palmer, in Orlando) there were two guys trying to move up on what was then called the Nike tour. I was amazed at how much time those guys really practice, not just at the school but on their home courses and driving ranges, doing this even with a full time jobs NOT related to golf.
    I never was able to repeat my best year. But went away with a valuable lesson. When, I got into trap shooting I started with a used Citori combo set. I recived good initial instruction at my local club, and started practicing. Now I shoot a Perazzi. Had it fitted once by someone I trust and will not touch it again. Have only three lenses for my glasses and two shooting vest/coat. Every year I find myself moving back and feeling comfortable about it.
    If you slice a golf ball with a $50.00 Driver you will probably slice a golf ball with a $500.00 Driver, unless you get a lesson(s) as to why you are Slicing. The same is true in Trap shooting you will miss those straight aways with a $100 shotgun just as well as from a $10,000 trap gun unles you know and understand why...

support your sport

jim

17. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

"A sucker is born every day.".................Roger

18. bgf

bgf Active Member

Let me make this very clear...YOU CANNOT BUY TARGETS...PERIOD. But, I keep trying....:>)

Bernie

19. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

This is a result of listening to too many folks before YOU decided what you need.

I am reminded of the movie: "Tin Man".

IMHO.

Whiz

20. Grump

Grump TS Member

Keep you head down and look like a trap shooter. Works every time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.