1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Great Silver Dollar Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by docbombay, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

The Great Weed Conspiracy Part Deux The Silver Dollar

I guess I always knew. But I wanted so badly to believe I turned a blind eye. How could I have been so naive? He was never going to let me go. "You're on deck Doc!" he bellowed through the phone. And for the first time since the incident at Marengo last summer, I heard my handler's voice. My heart sank.

"We have those fools going at each other again after we arranged for the Silver Dollar to raise the price for the Dixie Grand. I tell ya those boys would argue over a turkey dinner," he chuckled. "Of course we are just creating a diversion of sorts to keep prying eyes away from our target. I know the Grand seems pretty far off, but we need to take the first steps now while they jabber on about the Dollar. You know, it's the old walk and chew gum syndrome. Those boys can't handle too much on their plate if you know what I mean," he said with a smug conviction.

I should have know that Dysing.....,errrr......, my handler, would never let the attack go unanswered. To do so would show weakness and put the Cardinal Center in further jeopardy and he would never allow that to happen. No, he would retaliate. And with this one phone call I was recruited back to a life of darkness. I once again became the instrument of his reprisal. He was going to attack the Grand. And somehow, I would be involved.

"You said I was out," I screamed into the phone. "I lied," he said showing no emotion what-so-ever. "But I will promise you this. You pull this one off and I will never involve you again, I swear." "Why should I believe you this time," I replied indignantly. "You don't have a choice" he whispered and with that the phone went dead.

Never in my life did I ever think that a weed would dictate my journey. Oh sure, there were those days back in college where weed was an accepted indulgence. But hey, it was the 60's and it was all about making love and not war. Free love was the motto of the day. Who was I to question the order of things? If having a few tokes and engaging in sex with every comely co-ed who ever uttered the infamous phrase "Wanna Ball" was part of being accepted, well, I was just going to have to take my medicine. But I digress.

We are talking about one noxious pesticide resistant common garden weed here. It didn't seem very special when I pulled it. I heard rumors that they later had it analyzed and it was far from common. Word on the street said that it was genetically engineered to resist all forms of known eradication chemicals and actually consume broken pitch target fragments like fertilizer. If true, this would be a rather insidious combination that given a start would spread faster than word about a Dr. Longshot/Big Don kumbaya reunion at the Cardinal. There would be no stopping it if it took root.

What would be my roll in all of this? And why was my handler so insistent that his plan start now. Granted, the price brouhaha he arranged at the Dollar was brilliant. But why did he want everyone's attention focused there? Why the ruse? The only thing I did know was the questions would be answered on his timetable, not mine. Once again, I was the puppet.

Only now did I realize he was holding the strings all along.

Doc

2. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

Did I miss something?

Ted K.

3. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Sounds like some village is missing its idiot.
    Mike Battista

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Doc, where are you and why?

5. bigeoj

bigeoj Member

Great post Doc,but why not let sleeping weeds lie?? Joe

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Some people get little voices in their head that the rest of us can't hear.

7. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

This thread has great possibilities! LOL

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Eddie- now thats a classic

9. WJN

WJN TS Member

Please tell me you did not take that weed picture with a cell phone on the trap line.....

10. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

What u say u were token back in the 60's????

Flashback!!!

11. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Look at his name Bombay (too much gin)

12. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Look at his name Bombay (too much gin)

13. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Heard ya the first time

14. HC_John

HC_John TS Member

Sounds like the start of a good book. When is it to be released?

John MI

15. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

Per chance did you smoke that weed dude.

Pat

16. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Your weed sounds like the Himalayan Blackberry that is the scourge of Western Oregon.

17. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

One HELL of a cast!

18. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Speaking of weeds....I think Sparta could use a few more weed eaters, mowers and round-up to control theirs on the firing line....I'm just sayin'.....

19. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Didn't know they let them use computers in the mental ward!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.