1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Great Northfield Raid

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 635 G, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Too, bad for Jesse James & his gang that raided Northfield Minn--there wasn't an unarmed populace there--imagine what would have happened if no one in that town was armed. I believe this is a prime example of what an armed population did against thugs. Are there any other examples of this nature out there.

Phil Berkowitz

2. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I was reminded yesterday that the great dem. icon william jefferson clinton proposed having an armed person in every school shortly after Columbine? The state owned press of course applauded him?

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Phil, I'm sure the press got it wrong about poor Jesse and his gang.

I heard that he just walked into the bank looking for change for a 5 so he could donate to the "Sisters Of The Poor", when all hell broke loose.

He said people started shooting at him and his gang and he was forced to shoot back.

He said he didn't know what got into those Mini-so-dians. Says they are all crazy up there.

He also said he dang sure wasn't going back until he got some kind of apology.

He also said that he just kept his $5.00.

Probably a moot point now.

Hauxfan!

4. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

One of the most underrated movies of all times is "The Long Riders", Directed by Walter Hill. It's the story of the James/Younger gang, and has quite graphic scenes of the Northfield raid. I highly recommend it.

Wayne

5. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

I live about a hour from Northfield. Some years ago the town or museum auctioned off all the items that was related to the Northfield raid. One of my friends bought Cole Youngers Colt. I had it for sale and display on my table at a few gun shows. It now belongs to another friend of mine in a real nice collection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.