1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Great Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by short shucker, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Well, the great conspiracy is underway to get the price down on CG shotguns. Everybody wants one, but they're just priced high enough to keep the majority of shooters at bay.

When the witch hunt is over CG won't be able to give the guns away and those that have them will be afraid to shoot them.

I believe them to be a quality firearm with great customer service. I can't wait to see what kind of rebates show up on these guns here in the near future. I'll be the first inline to get a bargain!

ss

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

And the same kind of witch hunt really hurt Perazzi- krieghoff ??

3. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

The gun I shoot with is a K80 older model and I also shoot a P gun, if I could afford a new gun I would buy a CG and shoot it with confidence. I shoot well over 20,000 rounds a year and have not had a problem with the K or the P.
    I first saw the CG at the PA State shoot I think it was 3 years ago nice looking and pointing gun. Maybe some day . Bern

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I feel bad for a good new company trying to offer a very nice gun with all the features at a reasonable price.

I have about 7,000 rounds through my Summit including many thumpers from the 27. I have nothing but good things to say about a very nice handling Trap gun.

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

I don't think the writers of the report were really thinking about what they were writing.

Any explanation that centers on the construction of the gun, has to also account for why there are all those "other" CGs out there, shooting up shells and _not_ blowing up.

If it's the gun, there are only two possibilities: design flaw or manufacturing flaw. Either _all_ CGs have this "faulty design" - in which case we'd expect them ALL to blow up at some point - or else the design is basically sound, but one of them here or there has a manufacturing flaw, which causes it to be a less robust specimen than the others. If you focus on the idea of a poor design, which the report seems to do, then you would seem to be predicting that all CGs will eventually suffer this fate. In which case - we'll have our answer soon enough, since these things are out there every day, breaking targets by the hundreds.

If the report writers had taken the other tack, and were suggesting that the design is basically ok, but this particular gun had a manufacturing defect that made it different from the others...then you have to explain why the gun digested several "spec-loaded" rounds with no problem, and then suddenly, the x'th one caused hell to break loose. This sort of thing is not totally unprecedented in the field of projectile-firing devices...but when you're talking about mass-manufactured guns with hundreds of fielded examples out there chugging away every day - well, the argument certainly gets a little more tenuous. And furthermore, having someone like Bruce "Giggles" Bowen try to blow one up will prove nothing, if this is the case, because you can't be sure the randomly-selected test specimen will exhibit the manufacturing flaw you're positing.

I agree with the comment above - I smell a certain sense of "CYA Syndrome" at work here. You have a group of supposedly knowledgeable old range bulls, range "officers" no less, reloading their own cartridges, shooting them on a range...and suddenly you have a busted-up body part that must be explained.

Drowning people will grab at anything...and when the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail.

6. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

From day one when I read about these guns blowing up I just did not feel good about the way there stories went down and one of them knows what I mean. I personally think the people who wrote the one report are now wondering if they are the ones going to be in deep shit. There report was made to look professional but ended up looking like a bunch idiots had nothing better to do on Saturday afternoon.
    I owned a CG Magnus combo which I liked a lot. I was forced to sale it because of medical reasons or it would have never left. I know several people who own a CG and like them well and I have not herd of any problems with there's of any kind, go figure. Like what was said above. Its to bad people have to go to these great extents to put a up and coming gun company down because the gun was not there cup of tea or for some other BS reason. The CG trap models were priced where more people could get there dream trap gun without spending $15,000.
    If CG ever decides to fold up ship because of this kind of propaganda it will be a sad day for the not so wealthy trap shooters.

7. OregonDon

OregonDon TS Member

What is a CG trap? TIA Don

8. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Don,

It's a Caesar Guerini. They are a fairly new gun to the market place.

ss

9. RV4driver

RV4driver TS Member

Frankly, I was surprised to learn that the "Coast Guard" even made a gun.

Jeff
    Semper Paratus

10. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I belive if you read the fine print on a K-80 it says "FACTORY AMMO ONLY"!

Wonder what it says on a CG?

Ronbo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.