1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sliverbulletexpress, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

My question is if you could only attend a few days which week would you attend? It would be my first Grand and would like to get the most out of the experience so I'd like to know the best time to be there. Wish I could get off work for the whole two weeks but I'm lucky the boss will let me off at all.

2. Fox32

Fox32 Member

I would shoot Wednesday Championship Singles thru Saturday. After that Friday and Saturday for sure....my 2 cents....

3. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Thanks Parker guy do you have the dates? they never sent me a program.

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Start on Wednesday the 12th and shoot through Saturday, the 15th.

They shoot 200 singles on Wednesday, and 100 handicap each day on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

Good Luck!

Hauxfan!

5. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

August 12 - 15, 2009.

CTC on the 12th, Parliment Coach handicap on the 13th, Nitro27 handicap and Doubles Championship on the 14th, Grand American handicap on the 15th.

The program is on shootata.com.

6. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Most folks that only get a week come to Pre-Grand for the fact that you can shoot 100 of each every day for five days. Aug 5 Wednesday- Aug 9 Sunday.

7. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Go to the ATA site link above and you can download a program in PDF format.

For easier reference see if there still is the 2009 Grand American Schedule of Events link.

It runs from Wed Aug 5th to Sat Aug 15th. If you gotta take Monday thru Friday, I would get there Friday night Aug 7 or Sat morning Aug 8 and stay thru Sat Aug 15th, going home Sunday.

Jason

8. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I agree with the majority on here. Come for the championship events during the second (main) week.

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I would send you my program but I misplaced it and have no idea where it went to ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

The problem with shooting 3 events a day on preliminary week is finding time to spend at the vendors. That darn shooting cuts into the shopping, visiting and eating time. Make sure you go down to the tent vendors for homemade ice cream too. Have fun and enjoy it. Harv.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.