1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Grand should be fun this year

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Trapshooter1, Jul 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trapshooter1

Trapshooter1 Member

The Grand should really be fun this year with all the controversy about the E.C. and spending money, and the 100,000. I can’t believe that an organization that has survived so many years can't get the main event of the year organized better than this is going. Some will blame Illinois. Some will blame the E.C., President, delegates and probably Mike Hampton. There is only one to blame. The membership. I will soon be a member again after a two year lay off because of work. I hope all these things get straightened out before it all collapses. .

2. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Great positive attitude! By the way get a spell check.

Shoot well.

3. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

The "Grand" will be fun this year as it always is. If you don't have fun at the grand either you are not a shooter or always a grump. For a shooter it's truly a dream come true.

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Too many spell police on here?

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I think this is good for the ATA. It's going to clear a lot of air and strengthen the organization.

6. Trapshooter1

Trapshooter1 Member

My spelling has always been bad. Sorry. I have spell check and keep forgetting to use it. I also think I put too much into this post. Again as usual I spoke before I thought. I just hope all this controversy does not rip or organization apart anymore than it already is with the relocation.

7. porky

porky TS Member

This is not the membership's fault due to the EC and BOD and Central Committee's blocking all information to be sent to the membership and refusing any financial information to be sent to anyone. Perhaps you don't know of the changes over the years since about 1985. The Management of the ATA knew that this would eventually hit the fan and has ridden this dying horse as long as possible in order to get all that they could out of it. Think free rides to shoots and shots and free over the top shotguns. Possibly the reason that they allowed Dr. Rively to become part of the EC is that they were hoping that he would help cover-up their problem or he could have been possibly pin pointed as a fall guy, but people would take it easy on him because he is well liked. Well SURPRISE, Dr. Frank has enabled the membership to know about the putrid conditions created by the EC and that no one is going to disfuse this one. If the IRS comes in and investigates, it will be the end of the ATA. We won't have to worry about 7 1/2 or 8's. Perhaps we will all be part of PITA.

8. blacklab

blacklab Member

This bring up another question: Why did they fire the previous Dir? Was he also asking the same questions?

9. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I plan on enjoying my week at the Grand.

10. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I hope all enjoy the week. I wish all good luck.
    Okawaviile bound. See you at Tony's in Mascoutah, Il.
    Joe Woods /Ontario

11. acre44

acre44 Member

I will be there with the shells I am selling out the back of the motor home. Of course, all last year customers are welcome. Bring a friend. I can't let you know where I am so they don't shut me down. No PM's.

Thanks.

12. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet Active Member

Blacklab In the back of the group of papers titled "Summary of Reommendations and Observations" there is an email letter from Bob Glatz to Jim Thompson dated (Jan. 1, 2009) with copies to the EC concerning personal liabilities of Volunteer Boards. Also Jim had some concerns about the way things were handled at the Grand American.

I feel that you may be right about his resignation.

13. GROCERY GUY

GROCERY GUY Member

I can not wait to get back to the cardinal classic and have some real fun. I'll see you in a couple weeks guys (Brad and Don).I'll bring the bratwurst patties if you want some. GLENN ALLISON

14. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

The Grand At Sparta is always fun! The greatest Trap Shoot in the land!

15. GROCERY GUY

GROCERY GUY Member

16. GROCERY GUY

GROCERY GUY Member

"That's what she said".

17. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

rev and groceryguy,

Stay home or go to Cardinal. Nobody will miss you 2 grinches. There's always somebody who just can't get over the fact that Ohio is in the rearview mirror.

We've still got some dumb asses down here in the south still fighting the civil war too.

18. GROCERY GUY

GROCERY GUY Member

Opinions are like noses,everyone has one.

19. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

The biggest & the greatest,Wow, Is Muhammed Ali going to be there?

20. team henges

team henges TS Member

the grand is tons of fun every year!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.