1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Grand and Frank Rively - What Happened??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Big Dog Dad, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Dog Dad

Big Dog Dad Active Member

Before anyone groans about this question, I apologize! Can someone give me a quick synopsis of what happened with Frank Rively at the Grand? I was not able to make it this year and I hear there was a lot of drama. I see a few threads on the EC and rather than go through the all the replies with all their associated baggage, I'm just looking for a quick synopsis. Thanks in advance!

Mike

2. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

3. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

yes give us the short version!!!

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

He's gone.

Don

5. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Don....that was the short version...LOL!!!!......Uncle Sam, Pa.

6. 101Diamond

101Diamond TS Member

A few more details please.

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

That means it will be business as usual at the Good Ol' Boys Club and the ATA ... Rively really didn't fit in, he is to Honest and has to much Integrity ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. Big Dog Dad

Big Dog Dad Active Member

I love trying to get a straight answer to anything on this forum. It's either an audition for comedian of the week or "What I did on my summer vacation" for every year of my life. Sorry for the sarcasm, but again, can I get an explanation?

Mike

9. JTEA

JTEA Member

He's out. Do a search under message for "Rively". More than a dozen with all kinds of thoughts.

JT

10. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I'm sure he'll be available at the Cardinal Center for interviews next week!!

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH ... I heard that in a movie once not long ago ... lol ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"I love trying to get a straight answer to anything on this forum."</i></blockquote>

I'm thinking that if you want a straight answer, you'll have to wait for Frank to make his own statement. Anything else will probably be wild speculation, conjecture, or just plain "he said/she said" wrong.

MK

13. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Big Dog Dad

"I love trying to get a straight answer to anything on this forum. It's either an audition for comedian of the week or "What I did on my summer vacation"

Well Dad you have gotten all the answers that can be given because no one here really knows. Answers like he is to honest and has to much integrity. I don't understand if he has to much integrity why did Bob Glatz in his letter to ATA President Garry Sherrod (which was in January)say the following

"As part of my work, I had the chance to review the ATA’s 2009 draft financial statements and provide the EC (through Judy Harden) a few suggestions to enhance the transparency and readability of the footnotes and supplemental disclosures.Those suggestions apparently struck a nerve with the EC which resulted in Frank being instructed to stop working with me and provide no additional information to me."

"Gary, I want to also go on record that I am personally very disappointed by the EC’s unanimous decision in San Antonio to put Frank Rively on probation (and defer signature of his contract) for “bringing me in” to review the ATA’s business."

The ATA By-Laws give the the EC the power to,

"The Executive Committee shall have the power to employ an Executive Director and to delegate to him such authority as they may see fit."

I don't have the answer to your question but I am not claiming anything that hasn't been confirmed by either the EC or Frank Rively.

The confirmation as to why from the EC will not in my opinion be forth coming. As they have the power to hire and fire the ED and do not need to explain.

Bob Lawless

14. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I asked the same question at my club yesterday to a very longstand shooter there I know. He said that Frank was really stirring up the pot. There was nothing more than that. So maybe he was to honest with to much integraty, or perhaps a good businessman with no polical savy. I feel bad for Frank, because no matter what, I believe he did his best and was slapped in the face for it in the middle of the biggest shoot of the year. Take care Frank!!! It will come to light in time. Break-em all. Jeff

15. blacklab

blacklab Member

Two down in a short period of time. Who will take their turn to be fired as the ATA next ED. Or will they find someone who can fetch and roll over and play dead.

16. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

I would hate to believe that two fine people, if not more, would be thrown under the bus to protect an improper, if not corrupt, hierarchy.

I would also hate to think that these folks were expected to conceal evidence of wrongdoing. This could open the gates for an Association destroying lawsuit, which insurance may not cover. Tax liability could also destroy the Association, if articles of law have not been followed.

Even the appearance of impropriety should be enough to make an honest person air out and correct the situation.

Don't forget, if monies are being wrongly spent, it is OUR money, not theirs.

Unlike several folks here, I have plenty of options for recreation and entertainment other than ATA shooting.

I hope all this causes honorable folks to do the honorable thing. I do not wish to support or defend less than honorable folks. Been there, done that. Got burned EVERY time.

Being an optimist, I expect this episode to be self correcting.

17. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

I guess something about "A new broom sweeps clean" and perhaps it had to do with "change".

Eric

18. missed some

missed some TS Member

and "maybe" HE did something wrong??

19. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Doesn't seem to matter the Lynch Mob won't even entertain that possibility!!!

Bob Lawless

20. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

The EC would be foolish to state specifics. You ever hear of rights of privacy and lawsuits. If either side opened their mouths it could mean big trouble for either.

So what you get is a lot of personal platitudes about how great every one is and pure 3rd, 4th and 5th hand info. You also get a lot of accusations of the "Good Ole Boys" but nobody has given me a difinition of a good ole boy or who are the good ole boys. You just want to use the term and it has no meaning without definition or identity. All I can say is there must be a endless supply of them because they add one and lose one every year.

What's really odd is that this a bigger deal to those that weren't there then those that attended. But then again everybody knows somebody who knows actually nothing.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.