1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"THE GRAND" 3 weeks away

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by PerazziBigBore, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I'm excited about going to the GRAND..and I'll be driving up.. I forgot who wanted me to look at their 1911.. please contact me.. If I can do anything for anyone here.. I'm driving up.. a few days early.. Just let me know.. I'm comming from New Orleans.. All Good.. Mike

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Someones going to have you look at their 1911, in Illinois?? Good god....

3. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

I with you Mike!! Going to drive from Ohio to Fort Polk, Louisiana to see my son for a couple days and then to Sparta for my first Grand in Illinois. Can't wait to go and look forward to hearing all the anthems before shooting. Paul

4. Rvator97

Rvator97 TS Member

I'll be there on the 7th... from Calif. Meeting up with my brother , from Ohio and my Mom & Dad, from Montana...can't wait! Too much fun! Walt

5. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

I agree it will be fun! Have the trailer almost ready and have been loading shells every night. Can't wait to leave. Looking forward to seeing everyone. I looked and the temp this morning was in the 50's so I packed a jacket (just in case).

See ya at the Grand!
    CA

6. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Mike,

Was supposed to board the big bird today the 18th bound for the Iowa State than onto the Grand, but a few Medical problems have changed our plans.

Will have to wait until next Summer, I envy you lucky guy's that are attending and wish everybody the best of luck and good times.

Have been lucky enough to attend 12 Grands and every one was as good as each other, good targets, good people and good times.

Received my program 10 days ago, they know how to torture a guy.

Bust em all..........

Release Trigger.........Downunder.

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Mike: Do not keep any heavy throwing objects near your presence as I am going to stop in and meet you.

Don

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Hey Big Don.. we've had our differences..but I think..for the most part.. we see things the same.. Look forward to meeting you.. All Good.. Mike

9. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Clay Addict if this is your first time with the trailer, be sure to follow the signs and enter through the camping entrance via Hill Prairie RD off Rt 18. I was in Sparta on Friday and they are working hard to get everything ready.

10. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

How many more nights of sleep til we go.

Joe Woods/Ontario

11. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Joe, I was thinking how many more days of work until we go?

12. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

High seventies, 5 to 10 out of the SW, a sprinkle in the evening to keep the dust down... and PBB pattin Giacamo on the back every half hour... Sparta ain't my place to live, but as a shootin place, it is great. Hi Mike, and I'm still working on it. Waiting for my bud Bluerock to pop for a tent.

Jack

13. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I'm going down to the homegrounds next week and cut my lot if it needs it. They don't cut it close enough for me. Plus I just like going there and making things real neat.

14. fenoc

fenoc Member

I've been studying maps for 2 weeks trying to plot our route...we haven't gone the same way yet because we sight see along the way, it makes the 14 hour drive not so bad. Any suggestions, we are coming from PA...see you there!

15. Barry C. Roach

Ken D.
    Indiana Dunes, Indianapolis 500 museum, a ton of Lincoln exhibits in Springfield, Il., St. Louis Gateway Arch ( on the Mississippi River ), St. Louis Zoo.

16. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

Lets not forget the St. Louis Cardinals games, St. Louis Zoo (free), The Museum of Transportation (lots of trains!), Anheuser-Busch Brewery tours, A-B Grants Farm (also free), St. Louis Arch---I could go on but I won't. See ya at the Grand. Colonel

17. Barry C. Roach

You mean the St. Louis Albert Pujols baseball team. A chance to see the best baseball player who ever played the game. ( and I'm a Cubs fan )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.