1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The GOP finally grows a pair....

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    http://washingtonexaminer.com/gop-set-to-ok-most-pro-gun-platform-ever/article/2506043#.UDvRkqBXFAO

GOP set to OK most pro-gun platform ever

August 27, 2012 | 1:47 pm

TAMPA, Fla. - Delegates to the Republican National Convention on Tuesday will approve the most pro-gun platform ever, staking out support for national concealed carry reciprocity and opposing domestic restrictions on ammunition and United Nations interference in gun sales.

"It's probably the most supportive and detailed on Second Amendment issues ever," said a gun-rights advocate who attended the GOP platform committee meetings last week.

Besides giving the National Rifle Association and other Second Amendment groups victories on their issues, the platform is also a slap at several Obama initiatives, including the Fast & Furious scandal, his administration's consideration of a ban on high-capacity bullet magazines and talk of reviving the assault weapons ban and negotiations in the United Nations over a treaty to regulate small arms sales.

Leading the changes from prior GOP platforms was a sentence backing the use of deadly force for self-defense. The added sentence reads: "We acknowledge, support and defend law-abiding citizens' God-given right of self-defense."

Also added was language opposing restrictions on ammo purchases and supporting the right of those with state-issued concealed carry permits to cross state lines.

In the section calling on Americans to handle guns safely, the GOP platform adds: "this also includes the right to obtain and store ammunition without registration. We support the fundamental right to self-defense wherever a law-abiding citizen has a legal right to be, and we support federal legislation that would expand the exercise of that right by allowing those with state-issued carry permits to carry firearms in any state that issues such permits to its own residents."

The GOP took advantage in their platform to slap Attorney General Eric Holder and his refusal to dish out more documents on the Fast & Furious gun scandal on the border with Mexico which prompted the U.S. House to rebuke him.

In that section of the platform, delegates added, "We condemn the reckless actions associated with the operation known as 'Fast and Furious,' conducted by the Department of Justice, which resulted in the murder of a U.S. Border Patrol agent and others on both sides of the border. We applaud Members of the U.S. House of Representatives in holding the administration's attorney general in contempt of Congress for his refusal to cooperate with their investigation into that debacle. We oppose the improper collection of firearms sales information in the four southern border states, which was imposed without congressional authority."

And the post-Batman shooting in Colorado, which has prompted a renewed interest in gun control and reviving the Clinton-era assault weapons ban, played a role in strengthening the GOP's opposition to a gun ban. The language added reads, "We oppose legislation that is intended to restrict our Second Amendment rights by limiting the capacity of clips or magazines, or otherwise revising the ill-considered Clinton gun ban."

2. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Kinda looks like Mitt Romney and those damned Ol' Republicans are making a fool out of Brian. My,my.

3. Brian in Oregon

Your immature, juvenile mind apparently does not yet understand what politics are about.

Mitt was still bragging up how he would ban firearms with 'unusual lethality" as late as 2011. This is a preemptive strike against Romney by some state delegates that don't trust his flip-flopping.

Now do be hush, child, while grownups discuss important matters.

4. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Be right back, Brian. I'm going to find you something to suck. It should be easy.

5. Brian in Oregon

There's no need to share your pacifier. I don't want it.

6. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Yet another anti-Romney diatribe from an Obama supporter: yawn.

7. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Sigh, today is the 28th of August, Labor Day weekend just a couple days away, then winter.

8. NJCOP

NJCOP TS Member

Give Brian a break. He's from Oregon. And through I'll vote for Romney, I'd rather have Reagan but he's dead. The truth of the matter being it won't matter who's the President regarding gun rights. Our guardians of the 2nd Amendment lye in the Senate and House. Only the Senate can stop the ratification of the UN small arms treaty if a president signs it. And laws regarding firearms are made by Congress. The only reason Obama isn't pushing this issue is that it is an election year.

No Romney is not the greatest regarding gun rights BUT HE'S BETTER THAN OBAMA. And just because Brian doesn't like Romney doesn't mean he likes Obama unless I've missed past writings. CAN'T WE JUST GET ALONG! Rodney King God Rest His Soul, drowned with a cocktail of narcotics in his gullet.

And by the way the GOP needed to stand for something because if they didn't his time around they's be the DOP, i.e. Dead Old Party.

9. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

No way! Very entertaining, to watch poor Brian absorb the ridicule amongst the tribe in the absence of others providing actual intelligence.

10. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

How many states?

11. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

NJCOP, you might want to learn about the Supreme Court and it's role in interpreting the Constitution, including the Second Amendment. The truth is that we are very close to having a liberal SC which can and almost certainly will gut the second amendment. You also incorrectly said "And laws regarding firearms are made by Congress.", which would be true only if we didn't have 50 states, a constitution and a Supreme Court.

You falsely implied that I said that Brian "likes Obama" which isn't true at all. He supports Obama even though he doesn't like him. It's no different than if a leftist nut (see the post after yours) didn't vote for Obama. That would make him a Romney supporter by default since there are only 2 serious candidates for the job of POTUS.

12. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

13. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

A future Dem providing actual intelligence???

14. Brian in Oregon

John Galt, what makes you think Romney is going to nominate anyone for SCOTUS that is friendly to the Second Amendment? Romney has a proven track record of nominating liberals to the bench 75% of the time as governor. And yes, even conservative nominees can be anti-gun. Anyone remember Robert Bork?

It's ironic that the SCOTUS gambit is being brought up NOW as a reason to vote GOP, but apparently this was not an issue for those nominating Romney. If it's that important now then it was too important then to be left to Romney.

15. GW22

GW22 Active Member

This thread is hilarious.

-Gary

16. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

17. NJCOP

NJCOP TS Member

JG

I wasn't implying anything at all. And I'm aware of the Supreme Court issue. The biggest threat we currently have is this a-hole POTUS signing onto the UN Small Arms Treaty and until the Senate votes it down we are under international law and considering the current makeup of the Senate that's a problem.

AS I said before, Brian lives in Oregon. From what I've heard on MSNBC the State of Oregon doesn't even allow people in the coffee shops to view the Drudge Report on their PC's.

Brian, I don't care who you or anybody votes for as its still America. I can't see how anyone can support the current idiot in the White House. Notice how I said current idiot as there's been a few on both sides ofthe isle. This guy though is doing real damage that's going to take decades to repair if it can be at all.

Hey, we all are shooters here so I don't see wasting my ammo on fellow sportsmen. Save it for those that are going to try and put you in an enternment camp.

I'm sorry but I have to go now, my Thorizene is wearing off and I need to change my aluminum foil hat. A black Suburban just passed my house. There's a Black hawk helicopter over my hou...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.